His Room

ATHENA POV

Hera was on the couch waiting for us when we left the bedroom. She had all her stuff packed. She knew most of what had happened, she was a smart girl and probably still recognized my father's voice. I was just lucky she didn't see any of it.

"Ready?" Everett asks her.

"Ready!" She smiles and stands, running to the door that was now busted and on the ground. She steps over it and walks outside.

"I'll get it fixed, don't worry," Everett assures me.

I smile at his generosity. There was a whole side of him I never knew. A kind, smiley and touchy Everett that I liked way better than grumpy Everett. I hoped things would stay like this, because I haven't had more than one person to care about me in so long. Amelia being the only one.

We made it to his car and he strapped Hera into her seat in the back before coming to the drivers side. We began the ride and Hera, as expected, let out a tangent of relentless questions.

"Sooo..." Hera begins, "How long have you been dating Thena?"

I whip my head back so fast I could've gotten whiplash.

"Hera! Manners!"

"It's okay, love," Everett says to me, resting his hand on my thigh. Woah, his hand was on my thigh. Heat rises to my cheeks. "We aren't dating yet, Hera." Yet? Did he say yet?!

I turn back to face the road and put my hand over Everett's as he draws small circles into my thigh with his thumb. Hera non-stop talks the whole way to his house, making the journey feel much longer than it actually was.

I step into his house and he calls for Bane, Hera looks at me expectantly. Bane comes running and barrels into Hera, making her burst into a fit of giggles.

"The guest bedroom is upstairs and the last door down the hall, so you need me to show you where it is?" He speaks to Hera and not to me which I find odd. Where would I be sleeping?

"Nope! I'm good with directions!" She smiles and continues to pet Bane on the floor.

"Athena, a word please?"

"Sure."

We walk to the kitchen and he keeps his voice down as he speaks.

"You'll sleep in my room, I can sleep on the couch. It has the biggest bed and it's close to where Hera is sleeping. I assumed she would want her own room, and that one's a little lighter in theme than mine. Is that okay?"

"But isn't the couch uncomfortable? I'm sure we can both fit in your bed," He walks closer as I finish my statement.

"Darling, although I dream of being in the same bed as you one day, I wouldn't be able to control myself. Especially with you in my clothes." At this point he's right in front of me, within a fingertips distance. I look up at him.

"Would that be such a bad thing?"

He leans in, his lips tauntingly touching my ear. "Yes, little one. Wouldn't want your little sister to be hearing you yelling daddy all night would you?"

I look back down, not sure what to say. So many words and sentences run through my brain. So many scenarios.

He walks away after giving me a peck on my head, leaving me a blushing mess.

A few moments later, I walk out of the kitchen to find that Hera has already taken her things upstairs. I trace the railing with my fingers as I take my time going up the stairs. I admire the ornate designs of his home.

I walk all the way down the hall, like Everett said, and found Hera already changed into her PJ's and curled up in bed, reading Dr. Suess. The house is dark now with only a few hall lights illuminating my path.

I became curious as I saw an open door a little further down the hallway, still not knowing where I was going to sleep. Light bled from the doorway as I stepped next to it. I see a very shirtless Everett as he grabs a shirt from his drawer. His back muscles flexing as he does so. I wanted to feel every inch of him and drown in his presence.

He turns to walk out and pauses when he sees me idling. My eyes widen and I stand still, hoping maybe he didn't see me. I was slightly hidden by the door after all.

"Come here." He commands. I don't even think to disobey with a tone like that.

I walk slowly into his room, taking as much time as I could before I got to him and met his passion infused eyes.

"Yes?"

"Were you watching me, angel?"

"N-no. I wasn't." I try to say confidently.

His hand brushes my shoulder before he gently grips my throat. "Don't lie to me, little girl."

"I'm sorry, Everett. I was just walking by and-" He cuts me off with his warm mouth being placed on mine.

His tongue glides ever so slightly along my bottom lip, and I open my mouth slightly to try to finish what I was saying. He uses the moment to close any remaining distance between us, his tongue now slipping into my mouth. He was very talented in this region.

Eventually he pulls away, leaving me out of breath. In that moment I knew what I wanted.

"I want you to stay in here tonight.. with me."

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

925 words
sorry it's a short one!