𝟓𝟎- 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐌𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲

Start from the beginning

"Did you sleep comfortably last night, beta? Was there any problem? You can tell us so we can arrange something else." Aadya's mother asked me, looking at me with a smile and affection. The smile didn't reach her eyes, though.

"There was no problem, Mrs Sharma. It's comfortable. Thank you for asking." I replied to her with a smile and she nodded.

"If you need anything, you can call us. It will be made available to you instantly. Please, don't hesitate." She spoke further and my heart warmed with affection.

"I will. But for now it's perfect."

"So, what do you do in Manhattan?" The other man, who I presume to be Advika's father, asked.

I smiled firmly at him before replying, "I took over my father's company and own it now."

"That's great. I have heard of Williams Co. a lot."

"So you knew what I did?" I chuckled as the question left my mouth.

"Ofc I did. Who doesn't?" His response came almost suddenly.

"We have had deals with Steve Williams often, when he was in power." Aadya's father's voice grabbed my attention and I looked at him.

"You did?" Ekaksh asked him.

The two old men smiled and looked at us, "Indeed, but it has been so long. I am glad you two became friends, maybe we will meet Steve and Lily, if I am not wrong, again someday."

"I would call dad today and tell him about this. I bet he would be overjoyed and would want to meet soon." I said.

After that, everyone was served and we started eating. They talked about certain things related to their family and stuff, half of which I couldn't understand due to language barrier but mostly I didn't pay attention to anyone but her. She did not speak much, in fact she only shared her thoughts when she was asked.

I noticed when her left hand moved away from the table and went to her belly. Without making it obvious that I was staring at her movements, I noticed her. She slowly rubbed her hand over her belly in a circular manner. There was an obvious bump which hinted to something which was very hard for me to believe.

I don't want to invade her privacy so I kept my mouth shut. We all finished our food and everyone slowly left the table. Advika helped her to stand and both of them went back inside. I moved my eyes away from them and stared at a distance.

Are my feelings towards her right?

Is this connection right?

Is she really— pregnant?

If yes, then, who— who is the father?

Avyaansh?

My mind was filled with numerous questions whose answers lay with her. I couldn't help but grit my teeth and feel jealous of something I have no idea about. This is not sane. I am not sane anymore.

Till yesterday, there was no one I would have even bat an eye on and today, just in a matter of a few hours, she seems to have become the centre of my life. It's like she is the sun and I am a mere planet whose existence revolves around her.