𝟓𝟎- 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐌𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲

Start from the beginning

I didn't budge, but instead, I stepped forward and pinned him with a glare.

"She might be a dear friend to you but I would suggest you keep it till friendship and don't worry about me. Hurting her is the last thing I would do, so you don't have to lecture me." I spoke, keeping my ground.

"Hollow words means no good, Williams. Good Night." And with that he left.

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

I shake my head off these thoughts and take out an Aspirin from my blazer pocket. The striking pain in my head does not seem to go away and the sleepless night made it worse. Even though I do not want to think about certain things, my brain keeps revolving around them.

After getting ready in a simple grey t-shirt and black sweats, Ekaksh got sent for me, I left the room to look around the outhouse. It was a cosy space with monochrome interiors and simple designs. There is an open kitchen just beside the living room. The dining table was set outside the kitchen. Ekaksh called a few minutes ago and told me to join them for breakfast today, in the garden dining area.

I made my way out of the house and saw a few of the family members already present in the garden. Ekaksh's parents were walking around with two other elderly people and were talking about certain things while Ariv, Ekaksh and Gio were sitting in the gazebo. I walked towards them, inside the gazebo and picked up a biscuit from the plate.

"What are we talking about?" I asked them.

"Nothing much. Just some business projects. We were waiting for you to discuss certain things." Ekaksh spoke up and I nodded for him to continue.

"Remember we were supposed to do a deal together but had to postpone because of me." I nodded again, "I was thinking if we could do it from here. You know, in India." He suggested and that made me think.

"And you think we can make the world's finest hospital here, in India?" I questioned him.

"Why not? I have a site in mind which is not very far from here. This hospital will provide the cheapest yet the best medical facilities in the world and India is a great choice for a project like this. So, what do you think?" He explained everything and I nodded.

I gave it a thought and indeed it was a great choice. But for now, I think postponing it would be better.

"It sounds great but—" my eyes fell on her and stayed there. She was walking towards the dining area which is beside the gazebo, with her best friend. "I think I will stay back and we can work on this together." I finished my sentence.

"That's great then. We can go visit the site tomorrow. What do you say?" He suggested and I hummed in response, my gaze still fixed on her.

I couldn't think of anything but reasons to stay near her. So, if this could make that possible then be it.

"Ekaksh and all the boys, come on, the food is ready." Manisha called us and we stood up and made our way towards the dining table.

Aadya was sitting with her best friend on her right. The seat on the left to her was still empty. I slowly made my way to the empty chair and sat on it, smiling at the elders who took their seat in front of us. I am glad it didn't look sneaky.