-13-

I fucking hate birds.

They're so aggravating, specifically koel's because they won't shut the fuck up. Tweeting their little curses upon the people to wake them up, I wish they were extinct.

Groaning, I get up frustratedly and glance at the alarm on the nightstand. It reads 5:54 AM. Perfect. Because, who wouldn't want to be woken up at the crack of dawn by a bird in a house that isn't theirs? It's like a dream come true!

Why couldn't I be woken up by an aubade? Something magical? Instead of some chipping chipping here and chipping chipping there.

Gritting my teeth, I lazily stroll towards the bathroom with half lidded eyes. Why does God hate me?

I removed all clothing from my body and took a shower, despite not knowing how I was able to wash my teeth and face by myself. I turned the knob to the warm side and let the splash of water splash onto my face, flinching away at the sudden sensation.

THIRD PERSON POV

"She's literally in the other room, König. She can hear you."

He plunges himself onto one of the beds and stares at the ceiling, holding a pillow against his stomach. "I don't care. Have you seen her? She's beautiful."

"She's not yours, though."

König sighs and closes his eyes, imagining himself laying with you in his arms, hugging the pillow as if it were you. "She makes me happy, Ghost. I don't know how."

"Have ye told her?"

Has he told you? Of course not! Why would he risk finding out that you don't feel the same? You've known each other for almost five years, it would be too awkward, he thought.

A sigh escaped his lips as he shook his head. Ghost, seated across the room, was also thinking of you. He didn't like that König was talking about you so freely. He felt... anxious. Protective, more so. Unable to control the speed at which his thoughts were taking place, all consumed of you.

I hope he doesn't ever tell her, He thought. At least not before I do.

In the other room, however, two unnaturally loud men were playing video games. 

"To yer fockin' right, Keegs! Not left. To the right, to the right! NO! WHAT THE FOCK ARE YE DOIN'? YE FOCKIN' ARSECRACK, WE LOST THE FOCKIN' GAME 'CAUSE OF YE!"

"I'm sorry!"

"YER A FOCKIN' WASTE OF TIME, YE LUNATIC!"

Keegan, suddenly frightened, started apologising frantically as Soap wasn't having it, continuing to shout expletives at him.

Y/N'S POV

What the hell is all this screaming?

I've already dressed up and gotten ready to start the day. Wearing baggy cargos and a simple shirt, with my hair in space buns. Since we're currently living in the middle of snow, I got a basic flannel and threw it on top.

I stroll to the kitchen where I find Jean and Iona watching cartoons. "Hey, kiddos."

They both immediately jump down the couch and come running to me with open arms, "Y/N! Yer here!" Almost choking me to death, I manage to crouch down and hug them back. 

"Have you guys been good since the last time I saw you?" They both eagerly nodded their heads, causing me to giggle. "Good girls, what are you watching? Something funny?"