-3-

Around half an hour goes by when I get a message from Price saying that I'm free to kill him and leave to his office.

I take my blade from an inside pocket, and slice it across his neck quickly, his body going limp under me. At least he didn't die in pain, such a spoiled brat. Gets more than what he deserves.

I went to the washroom to clean the blade before going to my private dorm to change out of my gear and wear my suit, Y/n's suit, and left to go see Price.

Price knows I'm a girl so he tries to keep my secret safe. Whenever I go on a mission, he makes sure that the people back at base don't ask for me. When we go out on a mission, he's connected my radio to his so if I ever needed to talk, only he will hear my voice.

I knocked on his door three times, then two, then once, and waited for permission to enter.

"Come in." I heard a muffled voice say. I opened the door to find Soap and Price both waiting for me. "Have a seat, Y/n, I'd like to talk to you."

As I sat down, I looked over to Soap to find him looking very uncomfortable. Starting to get a feeling this isn't going to be something I'd like to hear, I asked, "What did you need me for?"

Price looks at me, then at Soap, then at me before saying, "Your next mission will take place in the marine. It might be extremely difficult for you to stay undercover so Soap here is going to guide you through everything. He knows, Y/n. He's going to help you stay as Ripper."

I looked over to Soap to see him avoiding looking at me. Well, shit. He knows. "But if Soap knows, why can't everyone else know? Why am I still staying hidden?"

"Because it's crazy, okay?" This was the first time Soap spoke since I sat down. "Like, imagine being told that the best soldier on your team is a girl. A girl. That you talk to regularly. That the same person who makes my gear is the same person Sniping people left and right. It's fucking insane."

You would expect me to be blinking back tears or some shit but no, I'm biting my lips so hard, trying not to say something inappropriate. Fuck your sexist ass. I want to say. "I understand." Is what I say instead.

Price nodded in Soaps direction, telling him to leave, while I stayed behind.

As Soap closed the door behind him, Price began, "Y/n, I need you to understand that if your identity shows, that's okay. I know that Shepherd won't be too happy but that's fine, I'll deal with him. Ghost is going as well so he has the same risk as you." He said. "You have teammates to protect you and you have teammates to protect. I expect nothing short of perfection from you so I need you to focus on training and everybody's gear as well as your own, okay?"

I nodded in response, trying to remember everything he said before he let me leave.

I have to find Soap.