-5-

"Thank you, Martha. You have been so kind to me."

"Oh, it's nothing, dear. You burnt yourself and I am just here to help." She gave me one of her smiles that makes everything seem just a little bit better.

I thanked her once more before going out to finish my job. Handling the new guns.

-Time skip after she was done bc I'm 2 tired rn-

"So overall, only seven of the guns are functional." I told Price as he was noting this down.

"Good job, Y/N. You did great work today. I just want to remind you of the mission. Have you trained at all?"

"Yes," Liar. "I've tried out some new hand-to-hand combat techniques," Liar. "And I practised shooting from above a several hundred metres away." Liar, liar, liar.

"Well, that's great. Continue with closer range weapons, it'll help you out more."

I nodded my head and left his office.

Such a bad, bad liar.

Walking down the hallway, I passed the interrogation room and suddenly got a flashback to when I sliced that mans throat.

I never get flashbacks.

Whenever I kill someone, I never think too much about it. I never think twice or remember what I did, only if I'm referring to a certain move I or they performed.

Never have I ever (Devi) had a so-called 'flashback' in a bad way about this.

But now, I actually feel like I want to vomit.

I mean, the way the man went completely lifeless just by the swish of a blade. How the blade was mine and how his blood was on my hands. Well, gloves. 

How he was just screaming, moments before.

Jesus Christ, what's happening?

Not looking where I was going, I collided into the shoulder belonging to who other than Simon  freaking Riley. "Oh, shit. Sorry! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I laughed nervously.

You never want to get on Ghost's bad side. He once bent someone's knee inward because they laughed at his mask. Rest in piece, Ronald. I always admired your shoes. He didn't die. He left, because he couldn't handle the stress. But, that did end in him dying. Well, murdered. By me.

When I first joined the team, Price made us vow that we wouldn't leave. You're either with us or against us. And if you joined our team and suddenly decided to leave, well, you're gonna get executed. There's no other option, because we think highly of the term trust. We don't trust that someone will leave Task Force 141 and not snitch, because, not to brag or anything, but our threats have put an effect on other forces because they do not dare come and attack us.

Well, not in our base, anyways. But that's because nobody knows where we stay. I don't even think Marth knows where she is living.

"Y/n, I was just looking for you."

"What is it, Ghost?"

He shoved his hands into his pockets and looked down at me. "Do you got any more .45 ACP's? My M1911 ran out."

"Yes, of course! The delivery came in yesterday. Follow me, I'll get you some."

We walked together down the hall to the storage room, Ghost slowly following behind me. "So like, you just deal with the guns? No fun or anything?" He asked. I hadn't noticed that he was walking beside me now.

"Well, yeah I do deal with the equipment."

"All of them?"

"Yes, all of them. I also handle the technology as well, like if it goes haywire or something, you know? But it's not much compared to what you guys do outside." Little does he know I'm his largest competition on the field.

"But you're the one who makes our armour and shit, no? You take care  of the technicalities. Without you, we'll just be a bunch of men wanting to fight without knowing how. We'd be clueless without you, y/n."

Cute.

"We're here." I opened up a walk in closet in the basement we just entered and inside was a view of almost every single gun you could imagine. No like, everything. Shotguns, Rifles, Pistols, Machine Guns. Even freaking Machete's which aren't even guns but whatever.

Me and Price are the only ones with key cards that are able to access here so Ghost had to wait for me outside while I picked out the accessories he needed. Once I took out enough for at least a couple dozen weeks, I attached a few to his belt he gave me and rolled the rest inside his bag. "Here you go," I said, handing his things back to him. "Now do you need anything else? I tested out a few guns earlier today if you'd like to try something new."

"Yeah, I saw you out on the field. Hey, is your hand alright, by the way?"

"Oh, yes, it's okay. I got it checked out." I felt a heat of embarrassment consuming my face.

"Good, because that looked like a nasty burn."

"So, would you like anything?" I asked again, in a hurry to get some training done.

"No, no I don't." He said, looking down at me.

"Okay."

- Time skip again cuz i have class rn and no motivation -

"You're going to kill someone with a posture like that, Ripper. Fix your fucking aim!" Yelled Ghost. 

Literally ten minutes ago we were in the basement. By we I mean me, him, and his puppy dog eyes. He was practically drooling over me.

I'm not trying to sound like a bitch, but when you're the only girl living with hundreds of lonely men, you kind of have to learn how to defend yourself, you know?

The only reason I even applied for this job was to be able to defend and protect myself from the monsters of the outside world, a.k.a, humans.

"Aim for the target, not my fucking head!" He yelled again.

I'm aiming at your head for a reason, asshole.

I move my scope a little bit towards the left and shoot the target. 

"Bullseye!"

"Shut it, Cod. Anyone could have done that."

"Oh, come on now, Simon! Don't act so jelly. Anyways, I told you to call me Alex, not Cod. I'm not no fish."

"Well, dumbass, that's your name so suck it up."

Ghost left the room while slamming the door behind him.

"Don't worry 'bout him, kid. Simon isn't really close with anyone, you know? The man hates having to communicate with anyone, kinda like you."

I flinched under my mask. Ouch.

"All good, though. You got killer aim and it's either going to keep you the last one standing or it's gonna kill you. Really up to you. Just, try to avoid the second one, okay kid?" And with that, he left, leaving me the only one in the training arena.

I've always liked Alex. Kinda admired how he was so straight forward, but that's kind of the reason why everyone finds him annoying, mostly because he is always correct. It's kind of funny, that.

He isn't alone, he's trusted very much. I sometimes like to read and Alex reminds me of a character from a book called Kenji Koshmoto.

Unstable.