-7-

I throw a grenade into the room and run away as fast as possible, then when I'm far enough, I press a button. Suddenly, half the building explodes. The explosion propels me forward, and I collide with the wall. I feel dizzy, and a throbbing pain emanates from my head. However, I summon my strength, rise, and hastily make my way out of there. I exit the building, weaving through tall grass, navigating the lake, and concealing myself among a cluster of trees.

I lean over to have a look at the building. It's on fire and half of it is crumbled up on the floor. Soldiers are running out of there and I can hear their shouting from over here. Some of them are looking left and right, trying to find me. I hear a helicopter come into view, and I take that as my cue to leave.

The darkness enhances my chances of concealment. Looking at the Big Dipper and North Star, I ascertain it's around 23:40 PM. I venture on, running until I notice a pile of leaves close to a colossal rock. I begin sweeping off the leaves frantically, unveiling the truck.

I quickly get inside and initiate the engine, accelerating at top speed. I didn't know they had a chopper, but I was prepared for it anyways. I press on the peddle even harder and flew in between the trees, hoping to make it back before anyone finds me.

***

"Watcher, what were you thinking?"

"He could've died!"

"Why'd you bomb the place?"

"How'd you get away?"

"I thought there was no one inside."

"Why'd you go in?"

"How'd you go in?"

"I'll tell Price what you did."

"Someone fire the Watcher!"

Everyone was talking too much and swarming me. I couldn't think straight, I felt like I had a concussion. Farah was helping me get through the crowd. She just came back from her home town where she stayed because her mother died.

That was six years ago, I haven't seen her in a long time. I don't know how or why she's suddenly back, but it feels good to have a girl here. Especially Farah.

She escorted me to the medic who, at first glance, pushed me down onto the bed. Farah departed, signaling me to remove my mask. My nose and mouth were bleeding, same goes for my forehead. Her gentle hand felt around my throat and I jolted up, coughing up blood.

"You've inhaled a lot of toxins, my dear." She tutted. "Nothing I can't fix."

(Time Skip~~)

"Jesus, Soldier. You took quite a hit." Soap laughed at me.

"Shut up." I punched his shoulder. We're sitting in the common room, just me and him. We've grown closer since he found out about me, and I appreciate it. "I'm gonna get changed."

"Sure, you do that. Can I see?"

I hurled a pillow at him and left. I could hear him laughing as I walked down the hall. Halfway to my dorm, I heard a voice come from behind me. "That was a pretty big blow, lieutenant. You alright?" I turned around to see Ghost. Why would he be talking to me? He hates me. Well, he hates Ripper.

I merely nodded at him. He shoved his hands into his pockets and looked around. Or did he? With his balaclava and face painted in black, I didn't know if he was indeed looking around.

"I must say that your reaction was a bit unexpected, perhaps I misjudged you, soldier."

The situation was growing increasingly uncomfortable.

We maintained an uncomfortable silence and I did my best to avoid direct eye contact. Price then arrived, interrupting us. I excused myself and returned to my dorm room.

When I opened the door, I nearly screamed when I saw Roach lying on my bed. I put my hand on my chest and he hand signalled me an apology.

Roach is mute, which came in handy on duty, as I've learnt sign language, which helped us develop a strong bond.

As Y/N, I don't believe he has ever noticed me.

"I just wanted to ask you about something," he signed. I sat down next to him and he sat up, fixing his posture. "Were you ever going to tell me?"

I tilt my head to the side, showing him that I'm confused. Tell him what?

He rolled his eyes. "Were you ever going to tell me that you're Y/N?"

My eyes widen. "What?"

Now his eyes were widening. 'So it is true then, you really are here undercover.'

He pressed something on his vest, and moments later, a bunch of soldiers barged into my room. They grabbed onto me and pulled me out, I struggle to get free. "Let me go! What the hell is going on?" I scream. "I'll call Price, let me go!"

"Shut up, Y/N. We trusted you."

What?

"Someone, please, tell me what's really happening!"

I was shoved into the basement before someone hit something on my head and I fall to the floor with a loud thud.

The room was silent as everything went dark.

____________

A/N

Sry this chptr is short 2, I'm on vaca rn in UAE and am rlly tired.

I'm in a hotel w no wifi and it's hell, I'm currently writing this at midnight and will post it when I go back home in a couple days.

The food here is great btw but the ppl suck ass.

We were driving and we passed McDonald's and it was PACKED. Same goes with Starbucks and I don't understand how ppl r so devilish and careless to even have the AUDACITY to do that.

Rn it is nov25 2023 at 12:23AM.

Goodnight or good morning or good afternoon!

Sry for the long note </3.