121 - 130

Chapter 121

Qiao Ying sat on the new sofa with a laptop on her lap, tapping the keyboard.

The room had been restored to its original state. The damaged items were replaced with new ones, and the bloodstains on the walls and floor were completely cleaned up.

The air was fresh. No one would have thought a corpse was lying on this very spot last night.

As her fingertips danced across the keyboard, the codes on the screen changed rapidly.

She easily hacked into the Capital City resident database and successfully screened out an old acquaintance from among tens of millions of records—Red Heart K.

This old acquaintance had casually mentioned to her that he would retire in the Capital City, and he really came.

—Wei Qingyuan,

he even gave himself such an artistic name.

The strongest branch under the Dark Shadow was hidden in the Capital City. Qiao Ying was not sure if this branch was now taken over by the retired Red Heart K.

After all, no matter who it was, even those few big shots who held sway over everything, as long as they didn't die, they could never completely break away from the Dark Shadow.

Retirement was just an excuse to change identity and continue shady business.

As Qiao Ying casually browsed the new identity of this old acquaintance, she found the new background very clean. He even posed as a philanthropist.

As Qiao Ying looked at the familiar face on the screen, she narrowed her eyes slightly, with a trace of brutal excitement flashing through them.

She always preferred taking the initiative to attack, rather than sitting back and waiting for them to come looking for death themselves.

She would start with this one.

Red Heart K, Wei Qingyuan.

It was about time. This great philanthropist would host a charity auction under the name of public welfare in two days.

With Red Heart K's current identity, those who would attend were definitely no ordinary people...

Two days later,

A large-scale charity auction was held as scheduled at a private mansion in the city center of the Capital City.

All kinds of top-level luxury cars arrived one after another. Most of the who's who in the Capital City came, many bringing their families.

It was a charity event, so everyone wore simple clothes, but if you looked closely, they were also very meticulously dressed from head to toe, with extraordinary temperament.

They could be summarized in one sentence – they looked rich.

They were all familiar faces from the same circle. They chatted while having their invitations verified and entered the venue.

Qiao Ying got out of a taxi,

wearing a T-shirt and black fitted casual pants.

She successfully attracted everyone's attention.

Not to mention her simple outfit and low-key transportation stood out too much. The moment the deep blue, dusty, noisy taxi that had been running for who knew how many years pulled over, it automatically "won" over everything.

Such a taxi was already an oddball on this street, let alone parking in front of this mansion.

Living up to everyone's curiosity, the girl headed straight for them after getting out of the car.