Her words were intended to cast Y/n in a negative light, but she failed to realize that the CEO's unwavering support for Y/n was due to a far more profound connection than mere appearances could convey. The CEO, who was aware of Y/N's struggles and had a deep understanding of her character, maintained a calm and composed demeanor as he listened to the senior girl's accusations. He knew that Y/N had faced adversity and bias from the beginning, but her capabilities and dedication to her work spoke for themselves.

"I don't understand why the CEO is so supportive of her," the senior woman said, unaware of the implications of her words.

The CEO was silent for a moment, his eyes steady as he assessed the situation. He knew that the senior woman's claims were unfounded and driven by envy and bias. Y/N had impressed him with her performance and her skills in the presentation.

"There must be something going on," the senior woman continued, trying to twist the situation in her favor. "But we never said anything before. Now that you will be the new owner, I'm telling you that we want you to fire this woman from the company because she is ruining it."

The room became tense as everyone looked at the CEO, expecting his reaction. It was obvious that a crucial choice was about to be made, one that would affect Y/N's future in the company.

"What is the truth behind these allegations, Mr. CEO? If you stay silent this time, you will never see her again, nor will your nephew or nieces, Mr. Brother-in-law. Tae asked firmly.

That girl froze at his words and asked, "What does that mean? Our nephew or niece?

So, you are the Jung Ra.... whatever, who went abroad for studies. I don't care for your chit-chat, so be quiet when I talk.

"Have you finished writing your letter, Mrs. Kim Y/N Taehyung? Please give it to him when you're done." Tae said to Y/N.

As Tae instructed, Y/N handed him the resignation letter she had prepared beforehand. She felt her hand quiver slightly as she clutched the letter, and she sensed the significance of her new name, Mrs. Kim Y/n Taehyung. It was a name that linked her to Tae in a way that filled her with wonder and warmth.

"Yes, sir," Y/N said, her voice quavering with a mixture of reverence and affection. She had fully accepted her position as Tae's wife and partner. But Tae wanted more than a simple confirmation. He wanted to hear her call his name, not just as a courtesy but as a confirmation of their bond.

"Yes, what, Y/N?" Tae inquired, his voice adopting a low, commanding tone that made Y/N shudder.

"Yes, Tae," Y/N replied, stressing his name with a new sense of closeness and belonging.

You did a great job, love. Now, bid farewell to the former CEO and your half or stepbrother." Tae complimented her on her performance at the meeting, making her feel proud and comforted. He had not only defended her but had also acknowledged her skills. It was a huge difference from the bias and blame she had faced from her colleagues.

Tae's sudden words shocked everyone in the room. Y/N raised her head and looked at her brother with moist eyes. She felt a mix of gratitude and sadness. Her brother had given her a job and prevented her from being fired, but he had not been able to shield her from the abuse and discrimination she faced at work. She didn't blame him, as her stepmother had never told them that she was their older sister. He secretly treated her as one, but he was also bound by his loyalty to his real sister who worked with him.

Y/N heard Tae's voice and left her chair to join him. He pulled her down to sit next to him, despite her reluctance. He wiped away her tears with his thumb and leaned in to kiss her forehead, whispering, "Can I?"  Y/N agreed with a nod, feeling an urgent need. Tae smoothed her hair and planted a kiss on her temple. She let out a sigh and shut her eyes to savor the moment. When she opened them again, she saw her brother kneeling in front of her and saying,

"We ignored your wish, just like we failed to fulfill the last request you made in your life. You asked me for a job. But even as a brother, I could not protect you from this harsh suffering. You faced constant insults and bullying, which I sometimes endured with you while saying, "Sorry, hang in there."

Tae spoke with authority, defending Y/N's dignity and status. "She is my lawful wife and the Queen of Lucifer. No one can insult or blame her without facing my wrath. Anyone who harms her or speaks ill of her is challenging the sovereignty of Lucifer. I have found all those who have wronged her, and they will soon feel the full force of my anger."

Tae gave Y/N the document that transferred ownership to her. In their culture, this would be a traditional gesture of courtship, but since he was already mated to her, he explained, "This is my first gift to you; I hope you enjoy it. I couldn't offer you anything since our marriage until now."

"What does this mean?" Y/N asked, looking at the document and knowing exactly what it was.

"You know what it means. It's yours. You can sell the business or keep it as the owner, but the profits will go to your account." Tae said with a laugh.

Tae, this is too much.

She married a rich man who also happened to be a mafia lord, but she pretended to be innocent. Her stepsister mocked her during their conversation. Tae glared at her as if he wanted to rip her to pieces, but Y/N restrained him with her arm. He tried hard to control his fury because he didn't want to hurt his mate.

Y/N approached her sister and whispered in her ear, "My husband may be unaware, but you know very well that I can kill you and feed you to our guard dogs as a treat. I'm not a Jung anymore, I'm a Kim now. Before saying anything, always chant my full name, Kim Y/N Taehyung So think twice before you insult him in front of me."

Tae felt a surge of pride as he heard every word with his keen wolf ears. He smiled inwardly, feeling doubly flattered.

We'll talk later." With these words, Tae scooped her up from his place and carried her out of the room. He got into the car with her still in his arms. She didn't resist him but buried her face in his chest for comfort.

For the first time in her life, someone had asked for her consent before touching her, and for the first time, someone had kissed her forehead to show that she was his. She never imagined that the man she had loved for five years would suddenly embrace her in his broad chest. She admired the man who, after taking a bullet for her, had immediately checked on her well-being. Y/N fell asleep in Tae's warmth while thinking of these things.

When the car arrived at their home, Tae noticed Y/N sleeping on his lap with her face hidden in his chest. Some guards attempted to assist Tae while he was taking her out of the car, but he stopped them and took her to their home. He then exited the car and kept her safely in that position. When Tae's mom noticed this, she rushed over to find out what happened to Y/N.

She's sleeping now, eomma. She found some peace and calmed down. Don't worry; she's just very tired.

"Lay him down gently." Tae's mother told him as she kissed Y/N's forehead.

Now that I have some free time, I can look after her. She has been working hard since she got married, and I haven't seen her relax for a long time. I want her to enjoy a few days with her mom by her side. Tae laid Y/N down and tried to get up, but he felt Y/N holding the open button of his shirt. He heard her say something barely audible from a distance.

"Please don't leave me; you're going to be okay; nothing bad will happen to you. You saved my life; you're safe now. Look at me, please; I can't bear the guilt. Can you hear my voice? Why are tears filling your eyes? You have to live for me. Please, I beg you. ... no no don't shut your eyes. Stay with me, please. Tae remembered the words she had said during the attack five years ago. He had taken the bullet for Y/N after hearing her plea that day, and the tears he had suppressed despite his agony finally spilled over. He realized that he owed his survival to another woman who sacrificed herself for him, asking him to live on for her. It was the second time someone had made such a request of him." Tae caressed Y/N's cheeks, gazing at her closed, serene eyes. She reminded him of the woman who sacrificed her life for him when he was only seven.

He could not forget the tragedy from five years ago; how could he? He witnessed his mate's death seeping into his veins unknowingly. Tae's alpha soul bonded with her as soon as he saw her.