Destined

The relentless downpour served as a fitting backdrop to the chaos unfolding in the narrow alley. The noise of turmoil in the alley broke her silence abruptly. The girl, Y/N, found herself trapped in the heart of a violent gang conflict, her only refuge being a makeshift shelter behind a garbage bin. Bullets whizzed past her, tearing through the air with deadly intent.

Amid the chaos, a sudden sound pierced her ears, freezing her in place.

"SAVE THAT GIRL, HYUNG..." A man in the hideout screamed, his voice cutting through the chaos of the moment.

"LEAVE HER BE, V. Consider her collateral damage," another man replied coldly, his tone devoid of empathy amidst the turmoil of the gang conflict.

How could a cold-blooded mob boss, focused on his ambitions, notice the quiet appeal of a girl who goes to school in such a desperate scenario? But still, before reaching her, Y/N can hear those words coming out from the man who is desperately trying to save her.

"I can't, Hyung; I really can't. Lucifer is dragging me. She's probably just a teenager, Hyung. We can't disregard her." With those words, the man's voice cracked with indecision as he hesitated during the chaos.

"V... STOP, V..." A desperate scream echoed through the alleyway, attempting to halt the man in his tracks, risking his life for the sake of the girl.

A burst of gunfire broke the silence of the night, followed by a rapid succession of shots. Out of the dark, a shadowy figure appeared-a man whose face was hidden in the gloom. With calculated precision, he maneuvered through the chaos, his movements fluid and purposeful. In a matter of seconds, he reached Y/N's side, pulling her into his protective embrace.

But there was no time for pleasantries. The opposing gangs showed no mercy, their relentless assault driving Y/N and her savior into a desperate fight for survival.

Just in time, his protective figure shielded her, and, trying too hard to find a safe shelter for her, a bullet tore through the man, grazing her arm. Despite her wound, her attention was solely on the man, her hands trembling as she attempted to keep him conscious. Tears streamed down her face, mingling with the rain, as she watched him with a mix of fear and gratitude.

Her anger surged at the sight of the man covered in blood and his selfless act to save her, leaving a profound impact. In that moment, amidst the chaos and violence, a bond is forged between them, uniting them in the struggle for survival against the ruthless forces at play.

With a burst of resolve, she grabbed the wounded man's gun-a sleek firearm that was unfamiliar to her. Without hesitation, she fired back at the assailants, her eyes tightly shut. The gunfire eventually ceased, and upon opening her eyes, she realized the danger had passed. She returned to tending to the wounded man, oblivious to her injuries. Soon, others arrived and rushed them both to the hospital.

As the battle raged on, Y/N couldn't help but wonder about the identity of her savior. Who was this enigmatic figure risking his life to protect her? And why did he seem so familiar, as if they shared a connection that transcended the chaos surrounding them?

And in that moment of triumph, amidst the smoke and debris, Y/N finally caught a glimpse of her savior's face-a face she knew all too well or the whole country knew too well.

The injured man they were carrying was none other than Mr. V, the infamous leader of one of the city's most powerful crime syndicates. But in that moment, he was more than just a feared Mafia boss-he was her savior, protector, and perhaps, something more.

Present day

I'm standing in front of the mirror, wearing white attire for my marriage. One of the many things that my wishes value is none. Five years earlier, amidst the chaos of a violent gang war, I found myself thrust into a world of danger and intrigue.A mysterious figure rescued me when I was alone and wounded. Their presence stayed in my memory like a haunting melody, deep and elusive.