Part - 26

"How long will you be sitting here?" Alice asked sitting beside her brother.

Getting no reply Alice held his hand. "If you want to cry lean on my shoulder."

Still, there was no reply.

"Mr. and Mrs. Kim is still here.. Mom and Dad are disappointed in you. But I am not. I know my brother will never do anything unconventional." She tried to console him.

Chaeyoung wanted to say he did and this time he did. He had waited nearly a decade for her but he didn't know why he chose to date over her. He got her entirely but for a few days. Why is his fate like that?

He knew himself well. His heart will never belong to anyone else but only her. Still like a moron, he forced him to date. And here he didn't regret dating Jisoo either. Both of them are the best women of his life and he wastes them. He can't neglect he is disappointed and also Jennie is not at fault for taking time. He doesn't know right where he was frustrated.

Mrs. Kim always adores him and supports him but she also couldn't understand him. He might do wrong but he will never regret dating Jisoo. Only he knows what went through him in the past. If he can forget everything and forgive Jennie then why can't she? How much does she love him? She said she can't live without him, isn't she proving her every promise a lie? 

"Chaeyoung." He heard a sharp call from his back. His heart dropped on his stomach as he saw her. His legs ran faster than his breath and hugged his life.

"Jennie."

"I couldn't leave you," she said crying in his arms.  "I was never angry at you but at me. I forced you to take that step. I am sorry. I am such a bad partner for you."

Chaeyoung didn't say anything. He kept hugging her as though she would fly away if he lost the tightness.

Jennie panicked as he was not yelling at her or rebuking her. "Please say something."

"Just keep hugging me."

"Will you not shout at me?”

"You didn't let me give up on you so you don't have any right to give up on me."

"I'll never give up on you."

"Oh, hello!! Miss Jennie's mother had slapped him for you an hour before," Alice said.

Jennie looked at his face and his left cheek still had a mark. She caressed his cheek. "Did you tell them everything?"

He nodded. "I was not sure you would come back or not and also I don't want to keep our parents in the dark."

"What would you do if I did not come back?" Jennie asked curiously.

"I was thinking about how to lead my life in the future." He hugged her from behind. "Cold wifey is hard to forget but warm wifey will be harder."

"Don't you think of calling Kim Jisoo?*

"Maybe it would come after a few minutes but you already came by that time. Haha,* he teased her. He kissed her pouted lips briefly. "You are looking super cute."

"I don't know why I am here. OK, couple you enjoy. I am going to tell my parents that their favorite daughter-in-law has come back," Alice made her way inside the house.

"You didn't tell me what you would do if I didn't come back?" Jennie asked again.

"I'd wait until I let out my last breath." He replied.

"Chaeyoung I love you so much that I had to take emergency leave from the plane which was about to fly when your face came to my mind. I actually can't think of a single day without you." Jennie explained her feelings.

Chaeyoung kissed her forehead. "Then think about me the whole day and stay beside me."

"I love you so much to leave you. I was afraid one day you would forget me and  leave me for her." Jennie bit her lip to suppress her sob.

"I can stop breathing but can never forget you."

After a few moments of hugging each other.....

"I am feeling like I wasted half of my life ignoring you. I am so angry at myself." Jennie said.

"We are still alive and can spend every second together."  Chaeyoung noticed she was still thinking. "Don't think too much. Let's go inside now."

"Well, I was thinking I should inform the military to search for Jennie," Mr. Park suggested.

"I know my stubborn daughter. If she decides to hide nobody can find her." Mr. Kim said.

Alice rolled her eyes hearing their conversation. "No need to find her. She is in the garden hugging her dear hubby. They're so irritating Mom."

"Alice." Mrs. Park glared at her.

"What? I told them you all are inside. But they still love talking," she expressed her annoyance.

"Jealous?"  Chaeyoung teased from behind.

"Oh please. At least never of you."

Chaeyoung showed her his tongue.

Jennie came inside and bowed 90° to her elders. "I am sorry for disappointing you once again."

At night Chaeyoung was waiting for Jennie lying on the bed. As the bathroom door opened he pretended to sleep.

"Are you already asleep?* Jennie asked.

He noticed the movement of her lying beside him and smiled in his mind. One short arm hugged his waist.

"Hubby."

"Hubby." 

He pretended to rub his eyes. "Umm let me sleep." He turned to the other side.

"Huh. You always complain I am the unromantic one. Then how can you fall asleep before me?" Jennie was annoyed.

"Ahh," within a second Chaeyoung was on top of her body.

"You dare to call me unromantic?*

Jennie blushed seeing his closeness.

"Don't forget I owe you a lot of nights."

"Huh?” she was confused.

"Five years we were together but you weren't warm at all. Then six months went in divorce petition. People usually make love four times a week and do extra on the weekend. And you owe me 1095 warm nights," said biting his lips.

"Who counts night? You are a pervert."

"But you like it. Now don't talk anymore without telling me how much you love me. Your fragrance is already making me crazy. And damn why are you looking so delicious tonight?" He kissed her neck lightly.

"Park Jennie don't you dare to stop me tonight not even if it will take tomorrow morning or tomorrow night."

Before Jennie could open her mouth to resist his palm lips wrapped her lips.

END