Part - 24

"Will you tell me what happened?" Mrs. Kim shouted furiously at her daughter. Anger was rushing through her veins.

Jennie, ignoring her mother directly went to her room.

"Look at her. Just look at her. Tell me how many days before their relationship became stable. Here she came with her luggage and said she wanted to be alone, away from Chaeyoung. She still has the heart to destroy her household again." Mrs. Kim shouted at Mr. Kim.

Mr. Kim confusedly looked at his wife. 'What is my fault here? Why am I the one getting shouted at?'

"What? Don't give me that look. It was you who spoiled her to the rotten. Go and ask her the reason. If Chaeyoung rejects her again what will she do? Will she not cry day and night inside her room again?" She sat down on the sofa holding her head.

Mr. Kim could understand. His wife loves Chaeyoung a lot. He couldn't forget that moment when she taunted him saying his son-in-law was far better than him in every matter, from the work of the household to office work.

"I don't want to be her mother. She can't be my child." She cursed.

"Dear, you are thinking too much. Maybe they are having a normal husband and wife quarrel. You drink this water." He tried to calm her down and gave her a glass of water.

"Quarrel with a person like Chaeyoung? That can't be true. The problem is inside your daughter. A sweet boy like Chaeyoung...

"Mom, Dad." Chaeyoung interrupted the couple, coming with his heavy luggage.

"Chaeyoung my boy." Mrs. Kim rushed to him. Seeing him her anger turned into water. Moreover, he was with luggage which made her happier. "You have come to stay, right?"

"Yes, but please don't tell Jennie," he requested with pleading eyes.

Mrs. Kim gestured to zip her mouth shut. "Stay tense less. My son-in-law is so handsome."

Chaeyoung blushed.

"Son she always sugar-coats you. Why do you still blush?" Mr. Kim rolled his eyes.

"Like a father like a daughter. Don't listen to him. You must be tired. Let me take you to the room," she advised.

Chaeyoung nodded and followed her.

Jennie was lying on her bed like a lifeless woman. So many thoughts were inside her head. Her phone beeped. There was a message from Irene who was having a girl's night. She couldn't share her sadness with her parents. Besides she didn't want them to judge Chaeyoung.

It was almost 7 pm. She got ready wearing a tight knee-length brown top with a long black coat.

"Where are you going at night?" Her mother asked.

"To meet Irene and tonight I'll stay there," before her mother could complain she left.

"This insolent child." She cursed.

"Mom it's ok. I asked Irene to invite my wifey for a girl's night. I can't see her gloomy for a whole day," Chaeyoung said who was hidden behind a bim.

"You know what? She doesn't deserve you." Mrs. Kim was amused by him. Her child is so lucky to have him and she is daring to neglect him again.

Chaeyoung insisted on making dinner.

Jennie never liked party or girl's night. She prefers to be alone than gossiping. She thought Irene knew her well and it would be just the two of them and she would be released from the heaviness of her heart a bit. But it was nothing like that. Her killing eyes were warning Irene who gulped.

"Why did you call me here?" She asked fiercely. "I don't like Gossiping."

"Look there." Irene pointed to a table far away from the arrangement. "I make that space only for you."

'Haha, I supposedly can't just call you and die in boredom when all the money I have spent here will carry your husband.'

"I can never forget your great fullness," she said in a sarcastic tone.

Sitting on the table at first Jennie checked her phone, no message or call from Chaeyoung. She didn't know what she should feel. It was she who wanted time, again it was her who wanted him to pursue her, call her again and again, at least make a message, asking if she was doing fine. She felt empty. She leaned her head on both hands. She felt it was impossible to stay away from him.

"Thinking about Chaeyoung?" Irene asked about putting two bottles of whisky on the table.

Jennie looked at these bottles closely. "How did you become classy? How did you put your hand on Imperial whisky?"

Irene smiled in her mind. 'By your husband. Haha.'

"Did the cat get your tongue?"

"Which cat? Are you the cat Jennie Kim?" A sound came from their side. The person approached the table.

As Jennie saw her the only thing she wanted to do was kill Irene with her eyes. Irene gulped. She made a perfect plan and made a seat outside for Jennie so that the two of them couldn't meet. But it failed in a mockery way.

"I didn't invite her. It was Joy who wanted to take a friend with her but who knows it would turn Kim Jisoo."

Jennie didn't say anything. Just kept looking at her.

"What? I can't just kick her out like that."

Before Jennie could open her mouth Jisoo sat in front of her. "I think we should talk, don't we?"