Chapter 1

Jiang Su is an assassin.

She's the kind who's super cold, super cool, and super ruthless.

Just like the typical assassin backstory, she grew up without parents and was adopted by someone else. She never went to school and never had friends. The headmaster brought in a teacher to personally instruct her. He taught her everything, from music to chess, calligraphy, painting, and all sorts of martial arts.

That's how she grew up, until she reached the age of nineteen.

On the day before Jiang Su's nineteenth birthday, her teacher knocked on her door, smiling and saying, "Tomorrow, I'll be teaching you some content that only adults can learn."

Jiang Su hadn't learned it before, but she had a rough idea—it probably involved using beauty to seduce mission targets...

She changed into her pajamas, but she ended up tossing and turning in bed, feeling restless for the first time.

After turning over countless times, she finally opened her eyes from the darkness, furrowing her brows.

"Cough..." She coughed up some water.

Then, even more water engulfed her.

"Help! Someone jumped into the river. Help! Please, come save them!"

"Hurry, hurry, right over there. Their head is almost submerged!"

This road was always congested, and now there was a long line of cars, but as soon as they heard someone calling for help, many people got out of their cars.

Some went to take pictures, while others went to rescue.

In a white nanny van, a young man rolled down the window, glanced towards the river, and muttered, "Something seems to be happening over there."

"That's none of our business. Oh my god, what can we do to solve this traffic jam? And these people, they all got out of their cars. Once the road clears, if they don't move their cars, won't we still be stuck?" The middle-aged man behind him exclaimed, tapping his leg in frustration.

At this moment, the young man couldn't hold back and pushed open the car door.

"Hey, what are you doing? We're almost late! It's your birthday party today!"

"I'm going to take a look."

"What are you going to see?"

"I used to be a swimming champion."

The middle-aged man angrily scolded, "I know you used to be a champion, but isn't that ancient history? What's the use of going into the water and rescuing someone today?"

The young man had a tall and straight figure, and even with sunglasses and a mask, his demeanor couldn't be concealed. As he approached, some people instinctively made way for him.

Seeing clearly that there was indeed a person floating in the water, he didn't hesitate to take off his coat and shirt and then toss away his hat and sunglasses, reducing his burden. With a slight push-off, he placed a foot on the railing in front of him, crossed over it, and ran towards the riverbank.

The people around couldn't help but exclaim, "Wow, impressive!"

Meanwhile, Jiang Su was still struggling to digest the flood of information entering her brain.

She hadn't sorted everything out yet.

All she knew was that she had become a character in a book, and this person, troubled by emotions, had just jumped into the river. Later, when some celebrity came to rescue her, she survived while the celebrity died... Because of this, this woman would be severely criticized and treated like a street rat afterwards.