𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻 𝓘𝓼 𝓝𝓮𝓪𝓻

I didn't decide to return home until the next morning, not caring for the consequences or anything that would come with my very late return. My dad had too much of a hold on this town, so much so that even Mrs. Hockstetter wouldn't dare breathe a word of him and how he mistreats his kids, but at the same time, she genuinely cared about me and my well being. She always wanted nothing but the best for me. She didn't even understand why I was with Patrick. She was afraid I would end up dead somewhere in his fridge or something. But at least that part of him, he kept away from me. Because he knew I wouldn't put up with it. I'm not the same girl I first was when we originally met, way before we ever started fucking.

"Hen....?" I called into the house so soft spoken that I barely registered my own lips moving, noting dads car was outside. But silence was all I was greeted with. Although he's usually gone by now for his shift. I didn't dare look in the living room before running up the stairs to my bedroom, running before he ever caught me or remotely grabbed me by my hair, so harshly that some yanked from my scalp, like he'd done so many times before. But something was lingering in my mind, some sort of feeling of dread that I couldn't shake off.

"Les...?" I jumped a little from the sudden sight of Vic right in the door frame of my room, noting how visibly shaken he looked. He slowly closed my door behind him before looking over his shoulder, walking up to me with his hands landing firmly on my shoulders with such a look in his eyes, one I'd never seen before.

"Vic? What's wrong....?" He hugged me to him in a tight embrace, surprising me to no end from the mere gesture.

"You have to get out of here.... Something is wrong with Henry. He's losing his mind. He wants to kill your friends. I'm afraid of what he's going to do to Patrick, Belch and I. I don't want something happening to you. So if I go missing, remember. Okay....? I love you...." My eyes widened from his sudden words, feeling terrible I couldn't return the I love you like he means it. I only loved him as a friend. A best friend. And he knew this. But what's even more troubling? Is Henry reminded me of this before. He warned me something was happening. And I know it's that thing. That fucking clown.

"Vic, you know I love you. As my best friend. As my brother. We can stop Henry. We just have.... we have to help him. We can't let him do all these horrible things." But he pulled away from me, his eyes far gone from anything in this room. He wasn't thinking clearly. He was..... terrified.

"I know you love Hockstetter. But man, did I wish it was me. I want you happy. That's why I'm warning you. You have to tell Patrick. Because he may be the first one he kills. Henry isn't Henry anymore, Les. He's gone." I sighed, deeply into the now tension filled room, one that seemed so simple so long ago it felt like. I missed those days, even if they weren't always beautiful. I knew this wasn't going to end well. I would lose so much. But Patrick? I can't lose him. I just can't. So I immediately changed clothes once Vic walked out the door, leaving me to my own vices. I semi brushed my hair and threw it into a messy bun, practically threw on my shoes and ran out of my door to a silence filled house, noting Vic was gone. And in the back of my mind, it kept nagging at me that it would probably be the last time I ever saw him. And I hated it, my eyes watering in complete sadness.

"What's the rush Les?" Patrick's smirking face appeared in my vision and I threw my arms around him in utter delight just to see him, taking him off guard from it all.

"Woah, woah! Are you that excited to see me?" He wiggled his eyebrows with his hands gripping my waist once we pulled apart, but he saw the tears in my eyes and knew something was amiss.

"Pat.... It's Henry. Vic told me he's completely lost it. He wants to kill everyone. My friends, you, Vic, Belch. He warned me I could be next. Me...." He immediately pulled me towards his van parked further down from the house, picking me up to sit me in the passenger seat before he got in and just stared out the window, his hands gripping the steering wheel as if in knowing, as if he knew something already. He locked the doors, before taking off down the road.

"I told him he can't touch you.... I swear to fuck I will kill that asshole myself if he does ever touch you." My eyes widened from the sudden spout of words Patrick said, very revealing one's may I add. I went to grab the door handle to jump out, but he immediately locked the entire van down, shoving me back in my seat with my eyes now watering with sudden betrayal.

"How could you, you fucking dick?! My friends?! Vic?? Belch?? What the hell?!" He simply kept driving to one of our usual spots near the quarry, parking where we always do to head down towards the clubhouse. In my pure rage, he had driven that fast so he could subdue me, knowing how pissed I truly was. He was hoping I would never find out he was apart of it. What if Vic dies because of it....?

"Slow down Princess! Don't you fucking yell at me..... I didn't give two shits about your friends. That wasn't my idea. My only request, was that you would go unharmed. But I would be lying if I said I didn't want to hurt those losers...." I shoved his hand away from me that had been holding me back in my seat, wiping my tears away because all I felt was sudden anger, pain. I was seeing red.

"So you've been in on this since the beginning....? That thing? You want to help it?!" I tried to exit the van again, but he immediately stopped me, his hand grabbing my chin to make me look dead in his eyes. I could see just how black they had become.

"I'm evil. Okay?! You knew this shit when you signed up to be fuck buddies.... You're fucking a sadist. A lunatic, a monster. And you love me...? Hmmm? You think I'm stupid...? You think I don't see how you feel....?" My eyes widened, being gutted from the mere way he said love. I knew someday this would happen. But I didn't think it would be today.

"You know what....? Yes. I do fucking love you. I do!! You're such a asshole, I don't know why I do. But I do.... You, will be the death of me. Not from murdering me. But from a broken heart...." He let me go, his eyes searching mine as if he had so many questions and just didn't see any answers in sight. My emotions got the better of me, tears spilling down my cheeks and my mind swirling with every possible thought. I would lose him..... and I was deathly terrified.