𝓦𝓮𝓵𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓣𝓸 𝓓𝓮𝓻𝓻𝔂

I slowly got my ass out of bed the next morning with such pain coursing throughout my entire body, yet the mere memory of it all sent shivers of pleasure down my spine

I slowly got my ass out of bed the next morning with such pain coursing throughout my entire body, yet the mere memory of it all sent shivers of pleasure down my spine. The loud rev of the Firebird had woken me up, indicating dad wasn't home, otherwise he'd been out that door guns a blazing from them making all that noise in his yard. He was such a big ball of sunshine. The phone was ringing off the hook, knowing I would have to be the one to answer. It stopped by the time I had threw on my clothes. But started up again once I hit the kitchen.

"Hello?"
"Oh my gosh.... Leslie?" My blood ran cold from the mere sound of the voice on the other end of the line. My mom.
"Mom....?"
"Honey.... Oh honey I'm so sorry I haven't called you in so long. I know...." But I had stopped listening. She's sorry? Sorry she hadn't picked up a phone to call her kids in years? Funny.
"Dads not here. Henry's out." But he came bounding into the kitchen the minute he heard his name, mouthing the word mom to him and he looked pissed. More pissed than I'd ever seen him. That's when I noticed Belch, Vic and Patrick standing directly behind him as usual. Their usual summer outings of torture and fun.

"That's fine. I wanted to hear your voice. And to tell you good news. You have a little sister. I want to bring her by for you and Henry to meet her. She's six." I about dropped the phone from the mere sound of the word sister. Sister?! Years of nothing. And now this?!

"Dad will have a cow."
"Well then it can be our secret. My husband and I just moved back to Derry. I'm sorry I haven't been there. I.... I got help. Mental help. I met Daniel that way. And then we had Belle. She wants to meet you guys." Henry had his ear pressed to the back of the phone, listening the entire time like I was and we both were seething with rage. Hatred. Sadness. Heartbrokenness. Everything. My watery eyes locked with the curious ones of Patrick's, seeing he could tell just how hurt I truly was. He seemed.... angry. Like he knew someone was hurting me. He just didn't know the extent of it yet.

"Go to hell...." Henry said before exiting the kitchen and storming out of the house, judging by the slam of the front door. Except, Patrick didn't leave. He stayed while Vic and Belch followed Henry out.