chapter 8 •

finney

I was walking back inside, I went up to robin "he apologized and stuff and we're good again" I said "Ugh, you forgive so easily." He said laughing. I zoned out for a sec not realizing it. I just stared at his eyes. We were in his room and he was laying down. "You like to stare don't you?" He said. "Only at pretty things." And I didn't even realize what I said.

He chuckled. "Fuck I didn't mean to say that" I didn't mean to say it, but I meant it. "Please, you know you meant it." He said and pulled me onto the bed, staring at me. "You're really pretty, you know that?" He said. He looked down at my lips and I kissed him. We held on for a bit before stopping to catch air. He hovered on top of me and held his hand on top of mine.

later
finneys pov

I was at a party with Bruce and Robin. Vance was coming later but for now it was the three of us. We were also with a guy name Daniel who Robin had known for awhile. He had kept putting his leg under the table on my leg when we were all talking. I didn't like it. "I'm just gonna go to the bathroom" I said

Bruce

It had been 15 minutes and I was worried about finney "finneys been at the bathroom for awhile" I said and Robin agreed. "I'll go check on him" Dan said and left before we could answer

Finney

I had thrown up for the past 10 minutes. Daniel touching my leg reminded me of jayden and I didn't know what to say. I heard a knock at the door but they walked in without asking. "D-Daniel?" He locked the door and went up to me pushing me towards the wall. "Take off your shirt" he said. I already knew what was gonna happen. "Please don't Daniel. Please" I said but all he did was smirk. "Please. I'm begging you" before I could keep talking he took off my top

Everything was a blur after that. I remember him touching me and doing bad, bad things to me. After that I just remember running as fast as I could to get out the house. Tears were forming in my eyes as I ran downstairs when he finally let me go. I looked at robin and he looked back, straight away I turned around and ran out.

Robin

"What the fuck? Finney was crying Bruce" I saw finney run out crying "what?" He stood up. I saw Daniel walking back down with drained eyes and a smirk on his face. "What the fuck did you do?!" I yelled at him. "What? Shut the fuck up robin why are you yelling?" He yelled back

"Tell me what you did to him, you fucker." Why did I let him around finney?? I knew what type of guy he was. "Please, we just hung out a bit." He laughed. "Had a bit of fun, so what?"

"You fucking rapist."

"What did you just say to me?"

"Jesus Daniel im not fucking clueless!! Veronica, Stacy, Jenna, Landon, Kaleb? I'm aware of every single detail of what you did to them." Daniel looked around at the people watching "I don't know what you're talking about dude but you need to calm the fuck down."

"Fuck off!" I grabbed him by the hair and pushed him to the ground, punching his face over and over. Until he was covered in blood.  I didn't regret it. I've been defending him too long and he deserves the worse for himself.

I hit him one more then and got up, driving across the streets to find finney. I found him running on Elms street. He was slowing down as he ran. I got out the car and ran after him and held him as he cried into me. "I know." I said. "How?" He said sniffling. "You're not the first Finn. I'm so sorry, I should've never let you talk to him or be near him. This is all my fault." A tear dropped from my eye. I picked up finney and brought him to the car.

I brought him back to my house.

Finney

I felt unalive. Third time. Why? "Robin do you.. do you mind if I take a shower," I said and he immediately said yes. I walked there and turned the hot water on and stepped in. I collapsed on the bottom of the shower sitting there. I'm done meeting people.

I soaked myself in soap and got out do the shower to go lay down with Robin. "Robin" I said "Yeah?" He replied "Why does this always happen to me? Is there something wrong with me?" He turned to look at me in the eyes. "Are you serious? No Finn. Of course not. Listen, Daniel isn't a good guy like everyone says and I wish I would've stopped talking to him sooner. Alicia's a bad person and jayden is a whole other species. There's something seriously wrong with him."

"Point is, no matter how awesome you are, shitty things will happen. But whatever happens Finn, just know im always here. Always. I love you more than I love myself." No one has ever said they loved me before in a love way. "I love you too, robin." And I meant it. I really did. I didn't even know it was possible for me to love someone the way I love robin. As much as I hate it, I always will love him.

He did change.

word count; 945