Chapter 9: Plan Off

It was a dark and stormy night when the Time Force members reached the Time Force Headquarters. The Grinch was making preparations with the Who Kids, and he was not sure how to get the plan ready in time. Then came along the Penguins of Madagascar — Skipper, Kowalski, Rico, and Private — who were trying to get a good plan figured out on the horizon. They didn't know what to think as they set off to find the Time Force Headquarters command center that night.

Later, after Margo, Antonio, Sherman, and Penny reached the Time Force command center in the Headquarters, they never realized that they were rushing through without further notice as fast as their legs would carry them. Skipper pointed out, "It looks like Darkness is trying to capture our cheesy dibble diet again." And Margo said, "Frankly, I don't seem to have a good plan without hesitation." "There's only one way to get the plan put together," said Sherman. "Plan off." "Yep, plan off," said Margo. "That's what I was going to say, plan off." And so, Skipper sketched out the plan on the whiteboard as quick as he could.

"Here's Darkness's lair," he said, "And these two erasers are your younger sisters, Margo. And here's Darkness. While you four humans divert the blackout aliens, we strike fast and strike hard!" Skipper, Kowalski, Rico, and Private were slapping the giant watermelon that resembled Pitch Black. "Get on in here, boys! That's it, Rico, come on!" said Skipper while trying to slap the watermelon. Just then, Antonio punched the watermelon to break it into pieces, and Skipper said, "Now that's what I'm talking about, muscle man! With Edith and Agnes reunited with their eldest sister, we celebrate with a well-earned high-one, and feast off Darkness's sweet remains. Any questions?" And Skipper, Kowalski, Rico, and Private demonstrated a high-one celebration at once.

"Wow, I mean, truly impressive," said Margo. "Especially the part you slapped the fruit? Oh! Antonio, dim the lights. Sherman, glasses." So, Antonio lowered the lights in the Time Force command center while Sherman gave the four Penguins 3D glasses. "Oooh," said Kowalski. Then, Margo got the music going for the Time Force's plan. "I apologize for the schematics being a little crude," said Margo. "Where is that music coming from?!" Skipper demanded.

"Alright," said Margo. "At 2150, Skipper, Kowalski, Rico, and Private divert the aliens away from their posts. At 2200, Sherman breaches the entrance with a swarm of self-guided underwater nano charges." Rico and Private gasped, and Sherman said, "I call them 'wet kabooms!'" "Yes, please don't," said Margo. "Okay, sorry," said Sherman. "At 2202," Margo continued, "knock-knock." "Who's there?" said Antonio. "The Time Force," answered Margo. "The Time Force who?" said Antonio. "The Time Force who doesn't have time for knock-knock jokes," said Margo, "because we're too busy taking down Darkness. Personal hover tank, check. Also targeting weak bounds. At 2209, mission accomplished. See that? I don't even look back. There's a HUGE explosion and I just keep walking." After the Time Force's plan was over, Antonio, Sherman, and Penny clapped for Margo's plan.

"Whoo! Way to go, Margo! That's Time Force, sucker!" said Sherman. "Nicely done," agreed Antonio. There was a long silence. "Bloody blah-blah-blah-blah," said Skipper. "A good plan is about more than effective stuff in vocabulary words." Margo chuckled. "And you certainly know a good plan," she said, "I mean, your operation to recover the light in the world allowed Darkness to escape with my younger sisters, Edith and Agnes. I never lost a member of my team, it must feel awful. I can't imagine the guilt, the regret, the feeling that— I don't know— that should've been you." Again, there was a long silence. At last, Penny spoke. "All for penguin plan?" Then, the Penguins of Madagascar raised their flippers. "All for human plan?" Penny said, and the Time Force raised their hands.

Skipper thought for a moment, and then he said, "Hers— hers is better." This made Private gasp. Rico was disgusted, and Kowalski said, "What?" Then, Skipper turned to Kowalski, Rico, and Private and said, "I'm sorry, boys. But I can't lead you this time." "But we're a team and you're our Skipper, Skipper. We don't need these guys," said Kowalski. "No, Kowalski, but the North Wind does," said Skipper. "I think...this time, we leave it to the humans." "But Skipper—" said Private, but Skipper cut him off, saying, "It's settled. We take our orders from Agent Margo now." Rico was whimpering. "That's an order, Rico," said Skipper, and he paused. Later, he asked the human leader, "Alright, Margo. What's the diversion?"