Chapter 2: The Grinch

Right on Mount Crumpit, the Grinch was in his cave, keeping protection on the Who kids without hesitation. One of the Who kids, Cindy Lou-Who, was reading a romance novel in the living room of the Grinch's cave, keeping track of time when she saw four mysterious figures approaching the Grinch. The Grinch was shocked to see them. And he said, "What the— what is going on?!" Then, Sherman composed himself.

"Hi, Agent Sherman Peabody of the Time Force," said Sherman. "You're going to have to come with us." "Sorry, I'm not coming," said the Grinch, trying to Freeze them. But suddenly, the Time Force's leader, Margo, pulled out a flamethrower and shot fire at his ice unamused. And then, Margo, Antonio, Sherman, and Penny dragged the Grinch into their jet without hesitation. Later, after the Grinch was captured by the Time Force members, the Who kids — Cindy Lou-Who, Ozzy, Groopert, Izzy, and Axl — started running to the Time Force jet. "Boss!" shouted Cindy Lou-Who. "Come on, guys! We gotta save the Grinch from his capturing and get him back to his cave!" And so, the Who kids started running towards the Time Force jet, racing as fast as they could without getting hurt.

Later, when they got to the Time Force jet, Cindy Lou-Who led the charge, and the Who kids were about to mess with the Time Force. But then, Antonio pulled out his lipstick taser by accident and tased them so the pain could not be felt. "What did the Time Force do to us?" Ozzy asked. "They tased us!" said Izzy. "That lowdown, dirty dog is trying to kick us off this plane," said Cindy Lou-Who as she got up again. At last, they saw New York City. "Look out for trouble, all of you," warned Sherman. "We'll get there fast before you know it. Don't let yourselves escape from this jet."

So the Who kids were not hesitant to what Sherman said, and they had to get on with checking on the Grinch. "We're nearly five miles into New York City," said Margo. "We'll get to the Time Force Headquarters while bringing the Grinch in before he knows it. Don't let him escape." "Will the top never come?!" Sherman panted. Then, with a sudden jerk, the Time Force jet landed safely into the main hall of the Time Force Headquarters. The Who kids were shocked to see the Time Force Headquarters. "Wow!" "Haha!" "Look at this!" "Whoa!" "Well, well, well... not a bad place you got here, Miss Gru," said Cindy Lou-Who. "Thank you, I'm not that old yet," said Margo. And the computer said, "Arrival at: Pad 17." The Time Force members and the Who kids came out of the Time Force jet.

Then, with a push of a button, Sherman saw the Grinch get bounced out of the Time Force jet. The Grinch laid on his stomach, waking up confused. "Boss?" asked Axl. Then, the Grinch said, "What, where, how? Whoa, foot's asleep. Ah! Pins and needles!" Then, Riley showed up, saying, "Good afternoon, Mr. Grinch." "HUH?! Why did you?!" the Grinch complained, and Riley assured him, "I apologize for our methods in getting you here." "I don't," chuckled Sherman. "I'd do it again in a heartbeat, I am not going to lie. I enjoyed it. Every second of it gave me a bit of a buzz, actually." "That's enough, Agent Peabody," said Riley. "Sorry, boss," said Sherman. "Okay, this is bogus!" said the Grinch, "I don't know who you people think you are, but—" Riley cut him off.

"We are the Time Force Agency, an ultra secret organization dedicated to fighting crime on a global scale. Rob a bank, we're not interested. Kill someone, not our deal," said Riley. "But if you want to melt all the snow in Whoville, or vaporize Mount Crumpit, or even steal the Christmas season, then we notice." "First of all, you got no proof that I did that," said the Grinch. "And secondly, after I did do that, I brought it back!" "We're well aware of that, Mr. Grinch," said Riley, "That's why we brought you here. I am the agency's director, Riley Andersen. Agent Peabody?" "Oh, me now?" said Sherman as he got up again.

"Um, recently, an entire dark figure, known as Pitch Black, appeared on our radar. Yeah, the entire villain, just, whoosh! Back in town. Where did he come from?" "I don't care," the Grinch stuck his nose up. Sherman continued, "Pitch Black was looking for victims to bring into darkness, trying to find his way of conquering the world with darkness. What does he want from us? Mmmm, it's pretty bad, look." The Time Force observed Pitch Black trying to get the world thrown into eternal darkness with his blackout generator. The Who kids yelped as the Grinch groaned in frustration. "Oh, you usually don't see that on Earth," he said. The Time Force didn't know this would give them the attention that they needed from this day on.

"As you can see," said Riley, "in the wrong hands, Pitch Black could be the most devastating villain on Earth. Fortunately for us, we would have light to shed on the situation when he tries to strike with darkness. This is the culmination of trying to get him into custody. We live in a higher civilization from this day on." "Hmmm," said Antonio. "I think the villain wants to conquer this world by throwing it into eternal darkness with his blackout generator." And he was right. This is exactly what the villain wanted from this day on when he makes his arrival on Earth. Not long ago, he hacked into the Time Force's computer system.

Bunnymund, North, the Sandman, Tooth Fairy, and Jack Frost came to see the Time Force again. They saw that Pitch Black had called the Time Force members in the Time Force command center in the Time Force Headquarters. "Hahahaha!" laughed Pitch Black, evilly. "Greetings, Time Force! I see you've met the Guardians of childhood!" "Turn yourself in, Darkness," said Margo. "You're powerless now that we've captured the Grinch and the Who kids. Heh, it's over." "It's over? Then...why did I call you? Weird," said Pitch Black. "Oh, maybe it was to show you this!" And he moved the camera towards the blackout generator. Then, everyone gasped in the room. And Jack Frost said, "That is a lot of blackout, for five guardians!" "Oh, you thought this was just about you five? No, no-no-no-no-no, we're just getting started." Pitch Black said as he took a selfie. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go do some shopping...for REVENGE!"

After the call ended, Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps came to see them. "What do we do now, boss, with Pitch Black on our radar?" wondered Judy Hopps. "Who will be the true elite unit of the world that needs saving?" "All we can do is get our new mission put together and the true elite unit will be revealed," said Riley.

Just then, an alarm was triggered, indicating that Pitch Black's selfie was printed out. "Incoming alert!" shouted Penny. "Put it on the screen," said Margo. So, Penny did, and she said, "Darkness is building a huge blackout generator to throw the world into eternal darkness!" A buzzer sounded off, and Sherman cried out, "Darkness is destroying the world!" "We have to move!" said Margo. "Time for our A-Game!" "Everybody, huddle up!" Cindy Lou-Who told her friends, and the Who kids huddled up as the Time Force got on with their A-Game. "Antonio, ready the jet. I'm initiating Time Force protocol Zeta," said Margo. The buzzer was still sounding off, and Sherman said, "Blackout generator still under construction!" And he was shocked to see that happening on the screen.

Meanwhile, the Who kids were huddled up and discussing their plan to take down Pitch Black. "Alright, guys. This is it," Cindy Lou-Who said. "The mission we've been preparing for our entire lives. We're going to take down Darkness or die trying. Our mission is to bring light to the entire world without leaving it into darkness." "The only way to survive is to take out the blackout generator without Darkness even knowing it," said Ozzy. They kept discussing the plan.

Not long before the plan had been discussed, Antonio got the jet ready. And he said, "Margo, the jet is ready!" "Good timing, Antonio," said Margo. And the Time Force members got into the jet to start the mission right away. Then, the Grinch said, "How do I get set undercover?" And Riley told him, "Fortunately, I found the traces of the Blackout Generator in the Paradise Mall, and we believe that one of these shop owners is a master criminal. That's where you come in. As an undercover spy, you know how they act, think." "The plan is to set you up undercover at a shop in the mall, where hopefully, you'll be able to—"

"Okaaay, I see where this is going, with all the mission impossible stuff, but no. NO!" denied the Grinch. "I am a Christmas-themed businessman. I am developing a line of toys for the Who girls and boys. So thanks, but no thanks. And here's a tip: instead of tasing people and kidnapping them, maybe you should just give them a call! Good day, Miss Andersen." The Who kids didn't know that Riley Andersen was the director of the Time Force Agency at all.

So, the five Who kids got a new dormitory while the Grinch got his own bedroom and office combined, and he started researching on the secret plan to capture the master criminal right away. While the Who kids worked to get the team huddle put together, the Grinch worked in his office. Just then, the telephone in Riley's office rang, and the Grinch told her, "Excuse me, Miss Andersen, you're wanted on the telephone." "Bother that telephone," said Riley. And she answered the telephone right away. After answering the telephone, she said to Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps, "I'm sorry, officers. The Who kids had no idea they would be a part of my agency, and I must recruit them at once."

"Rubbish!" said Nick Wilde. "No agent has ever huddled with each other before." "Well, they're huddling up with each other now!" And Riley watched the Who kids, Cindy Lou-Who, Ozzy, Izzy, Axl, and Groopert, as they discussed their plan to saving the world from ruin. After the team huddle, the Who kids got ready, and the stage was finally set.