ch 34

The boys talked for another few minutes about random stuff and they were having a great time. They talked about whatever they fancied, from the secrets of the universe to why cheese popcorns were the best theatre snack to ever exist.

Eventually, they heard the bell ring and both the boys heaved a sigh.

"What time is it?" Julian asked, gazing at Ivan.

Ivan checked his watch and took a moment to spin the wheels in his head. "8:30",he said "Wanna go to the library?"

An awkward expression crossed Julian's face and he scratched the back of his neck. "Well, I promised the guys to go play soccer with them. Oh, we're actually having kind of a friendly match with Johann's class. Come see me play. I bet you'll be impressed" he said and looked at Ivan, a smirk playing in his lips.

He had expected Ivan to cringe away, and it took him by surprise when he clung on to his arm, squealing "I'm already impressed, Daddy!"

"Ew. Get away from me" Julian tried to shove Ivan away. For the first time in his life, he got a taste of his own medicine and God, did he feel awful.

The both of them laughed as they made their way to the soccer field.

•••

"Ivan!" Johann waved at Ivan as he saw him approach. Julian had gone to grab his jersey and Ivan was all on his own.

"How did you know?" Johann asked as Ivan came closer.

"Julian"

"Oh" Johann puckered his lips. "So you didn't come to cheer for me". Ivan rolled his eyes. When Johann's teammates called out to him from the field, he went to them, jogging. Halfway through, he turned around with a smirk "Watch me, love. I'll earn back your heart" his grin widened when Ivan flipped him off.

"Cheesy bastard" Ivan muttered under his breathe as he plopped down on the sideline. He saw Julian in the field and raised a fist in the air to greet him, which he returned with a bow of his head.

The game began shortly after and Ivan had know idea what he was watching. One ball was being chased around by a bunch of hooligans. It seemed to him like he was watching a T.V. show which he had no idea what the plot was or who the characters were.

A few minutes later, Ivan saw Julian jog towards where he sat and He raised a brow in question. "You done with the game?"

Julian, as he sat down beside the other boy with a bottled water, gave him a weird look. "I'm taking a break. The heat is just too much"

"I was wondering what kind of crazy ass people would want to play soccer in this weather"

Julian shook his head. "There is something about this game, bubba. Uh, forget it. You'll never get it anyway"

Ivan just scoffed. He was glad he didn't get it.