ch 18

Ivan let out yet another annoyed groan as he brushed his teeth. He has been doing that since he woke up. Soon after he woke up, what he did last night popped up in his mind and he clutched his head, making a "Sheesh".

He was really disappointed in himself. Why the hell did he even call Julian at that hour of the night anyway?

Post-midnight is the time when the devil works his tricks and makes you feel at your lowest. And Ivan hinted to Julian that a part of him resended Johann--Something he never wanted to let anyone know.

"Aw, shit, how the hell am I going to look at that pot-head now? He probably think of me as a whining loser!" Ivan cursed himself and splashed a handful of water on his face, feeling the familiar chill go down his spine.

He went downstairs to have breakfast and Mia jumped into his arms as soon as she saw him. "Evie!", she beamed.

"Your brother is such a loser, Mia" Ivan mumbled in a desperate tone as he sat down on his chair, after seating Mia on hers.

Mia giggled. "Evie is a loser". She covered her mouth with her little hands, seemingly to keep in her laughter.

"Not helping, Mia" Ivan shook his head and took a mouthful of his food. "Not helping at all"

***

Ivan walked into his class and saw Julian being busy at a game of pen fight with Ryan. He pursed his lips and clutching the straps of his backpack even tighter, walked over to his seat.

Julian looked up and saw Ivan walking towards them. He casually took Ryan's pen and threw it over to the other side of the room.

"Hey!" Ryan complained, turning in his seat, trying to spot his pen.

"Go back to your seat, shoo!" Julian pushed at Ryan's chair, throwing him off of it. He then dusted the spot and tapped on it, indicating for Ivan to sit down.

Ivan looked down at Ryan who just lifted himself on his feet and cursed Julian under his breathe. He gave him a pat on his shoulder and send him away. He then sat on his spot, made himself comfortable as he cleared his throat.

"Hey, about what I babbled on about last night--"

"You mean, earlier this morning" Julian interrupted and Ivan gave him a scowl. He just wanted to get it over and done with. And Julian was just making it harder.

"Yeah. About that, I--"

"My lips are sealed" Julian acted as if he was zipping up his lips and shrugged at Ivan. He then proceeded to unzip his lips, then spoke again. "And hey, if you feel like talking, just give me a call. I don't sleep until 3:30", he smiled.

Ivan blinked a few times. He was relieved, yes, he was. But is this guy Batman, with weird sleeping schedules and all?

"When do you wake up, then?" Ivan voiced his doubt.

"I dunno. Whenever I feel like" Julian shrugged. "Any time between 6 and 7"

"You mean, all you need is 3 hours of sleep a day?" Ivan raised his brows.

"Apparently, yeah"

"Dude, you are weird. Like, really weird" Ivan shook his head.

"Yeaah" Julian heaved a sigh. "I get that a lot"

Ivan looked at Julian as if he was viewing an alien spaceship. He noticed the faint shade of black under Julian's eyes and immediately understood the reason behind it.

"Julian, your eyes look like someone smeared mascara under them" Ivan exaggerated what he saw. A little too much.

"It's not that bad!" Ivan saw a shade of red creep up the side of Julian's neck and he couldn't keep in his laughter. That was exactly what he wanted.

"Keep telling yourself that" Ivan smirked.

Julian took a book and whacked Ivan on his head.

The two of them started throwing friendly punches at each other and at some point, Ivan stood up, grabbed Julian's collar and threw him off his spot. Julian, after much effort, got up and kicked Ivan in the guts, making him clutch his belly. Letting out a cackle, he clenched his fist and threw a heavy punch on Ivan's back. Ivan fell to the floor, but before Julian could make another move, he pulled at his leg and Julian's butt too met the ground. Ivan got on top of him and started throwing playful punches at his arms that were blocking, protecting his head.

It was fun. For them. But for those who were watching, it wasn't. Someone thought it was an intense battle field and reported it to the principal.

The boys in the classroom were betting on who was gonna win and it nullified all the gasps and cries from the girls. It only added to their spirits.

The principal rushed into the classroom to see a crowd of students gathered in the middle of the classroom. In the centre was two boys, giving each other a fair share of punches.

Ivan found himself been yanked up on his feet and he turned around to see the angry principal clutching his collar. "What do you think you are doing!?" He grimaced.

The boys looked at each other with the same look in their eyes.

Yeah, they got a little carried away.