ch 32

The boys waited by Ivan's locker as he got his books and stuff. Julian felt Johann's gaze never leaving him and he turned his head, raising a brow.

"What's up with all the bandages?"

Julian shrugged. "I tripped over the stairs and fell".

"On your face?" Johann smirked.

"On my face". Julian nodded. He was glad that Johann just believed anything he was told.

"Hehe. Must have looked funny"

"It sure did".

The both of the boys jumped when Ivan slammed his lockers shut. "Shall we go?" He asked and Johann shook his head with a gasp. "Jesus, Ivan" he muttered under his breathe as he walked in front of the other boys. He had a feeling that his life was going to be cut short by his dearest friend.

As Ivan followed after Johann, he gave Julian a side eye, and Julian felt strangely intimidated. He couldn't quiet tell what it was all about but something definitely didn't seembto sit well with Ivan.

Even after they reached their class, Ivan spoke nothing. He just sat there with his poker face while Julian was busy talking with the rest of his classmates. Everyone were curious about the bandages on Julian's face.

One popular guy he was...

Eventually the teacher arrived and everyone went back to their seats. When Ivan continued to keep silent, Julian poked him on his elbows. "Bubba", he called out in a low voice and Ivan looked at him from the corner of his eyes, his face still set in a frown.

"What's up?" Julian shrugged.

Ivan sighed and turned his gaze back at the teacher. "Jerk" he mumbled under his breathe.

"Huh?" Julian raised his brows in confusion. A moment later, he turned his gaze back at the teacher. Ivan seemed to be acting strange and it creeped him out for some reason.

Julian nearly let out a yelp when Ivan pinched his arm out of nowhere. "Dude, what the he--ll??" He snapped his head, only to see Ivan shoo him off as he lied there on his desk with his head in his arms.

"Dude, what's gotten into you!?"

When Ivan refused to give a response, Julian just backed off, giving him a weird look. He moved his chair a little away from Ivan and just sat there, occassionally watching him from the corner of his eye. He couldn't help but wonder if Ivan was being possessed by some goblin spirit.

Well, that would be interesting...

•••

Julian flinched when Ivan suddenly leaned his head on his shoulder. "Juliaannn"

"Y-yeah?"

"Let's get outta here"

"Huh?" Julian sounded puzzled.

"Come on, let's just jump out of the window"

Julian eyed the teacher who was writing the lengthy solution to a tricky math question on the green board.

Ivan made a scowl and clicked his tongue. "I'm leaving"

"Ivan--" before Julian could stop him, Ivan got up from his spot and sneakily jumped out of the window. He turned around to glance at Julian and then just walked away, clearly indicating for him to follow after.

Julian hissed and ran a hand down his face. Why was this boy only taking after the bad sides of him? Well, did he really have a good side to take after?!

Julian heaved a heavy sigh. Well, it's not like he hadn't done this before. He silently moved to the window and jumped off. Easy peasy, just like that.

Or so he thought.

"Hey, you! What do you think you're doing!?" The teacher yelled from inside the class and Julian didn't even bother to turn around. He took off like a god damn race car without brakes.

Dammit, Ivan!