ch 23

"I thought you already knew" Matt raised his brows as Ivan tried to shake Julian out of his deep slumber.

Ivan just gave the other man a look. Matt raised his arms in the air and sighed. "It's on you, mate. I'm outta here. G'dnight", he just casually slid out of his chair and started walking away.

"Wait!" Ivan yelled at Matt's retreating back. He found himself getting washed over by a wave of panic. "I don't know where he lives!". He deadpanned.

Matt didn't even bother to turn around. "Nobody does!" He yelled back and just like that, he was gone.

Ivan's mouth fell open. He remembered Julian taking a few glasses. He remembered him giggling for apparently nothing. He remembered him starting to say something. The next thing he knew, his face landed on the table and there he was, sound asleep like a baby.

Ivan took out his phone and checked the time. 09:32.

How long has it been!?

He wondered if Ryan would know where Julian lived. Then again, He didn't have Ryan's number to call him.

Ivan hissed and cursed at himself. He decided to call Johann. Atleast, he could be of some help.

A few rings and Johann eventually picked up. "Done turning in your friend's assignment?" He asked in a flat tone and Ivan mentally slapped himself. He had totally forgotten about it.

"Barry. I need your help" he said in the calmest tone he could do. Because he knew what those words could do to the other boy. And he was never wrong.

Even before Ivan could explain himself, Johann started bombarding him with questions. "Where are you, Ivan? Are you in trouble? If anyone dare lay a --"

"Barry, I just wanna know if you happen to have Ryan's number"

"Huh?"

"You heard me" Ivan was growing impatient. The conversation seemed to last forever.

"Who... Is Ryan?"

Ivan hissed in agony. For a moment, he had forgotten the fact that Johann was even more forgetful than he was.

"Never mind" he sighed.

"Yo, wassup? Why do you want This Ryan's number anyway?" Johann sounded curious.

"Julian passed out. And I don't know where to bring him. I wonder if Ryan would know" Ivan paused and immediately filled in. "Now, please don't ask me who Julian is"

"I remember that potato well enough. And hey, if you are at a loss, just take him to your place"

Ivan took in a mouthful of air and breathed out. "Dude, it's only been a while since I've known him. We aren't even that great friends. Wouldn't it be weird?"

Johann sighed on the other side. Ivan bet he was pinching the bridge of his nose. "Bro, you are with him 24/7. If you are not great friends, what are you?"

Ivan didn't know why it made him feel weird on the inside. "Well..." He lingered on his words and eyed Julian.

"Do what you wanna do, Ivan. Good night" Johann hung up and Ivan heaved a heavy sigh.

Ivan found himself left alone with the decision to make. He watched as Julian murmured something to himself in his sleep.

Ivan clicked his tongue and dialled his mom. "Ma, can I bring a friend over?"