ch 13

Bad idea. No, the worst idea.

Julian didn't know how else to describe it.

He was doing a really great job at outrunning Ivan. He was like two metres ahead of him. He had managed to race down the stairs without falling, he had managed to run through the halls without slipping, and he had managed to get out of the school building without ever failing himself once.

But then, he saw the iron railing by the flight of stairs outside the school and his stupid brain couldn't help the urge to jump above it and slide all the way down. He thought it would be a cool move to pull.

Bad idea.

Julian lost his balance and fell face first on the ground. He felt a sharp jolt of pain all over his face. He had a feeling that most of his skin would be scarred now, his face would be covered in scratches. It had to be. And his clothes, oh no, his clothes!

Julian, ignoring the stinging pain in his palms, pushed himself up and looked down at himself. His pants had a tear on the knees and his tees were all dirty. He sat up, his eyes wide.

"You idiot!" Julian's head turned up and saw Ivan crouching beside him, his eyebrows knotted together. "Shit, you're bleeding". Ivan pressed Julian's forehead with his sleeve, trying to stop the blood that dripped down his brows.

Julian looked down at himself once again and looked at Ivan."My t-shirt. It's all dirty" he said in a low voice, sounding broken.

Ivan's face turned stupid. "What!?"

Julian pinched the fabric of his oversized tees and looked at Ivan with a duck face. "It's all dirty now"

Ivan pursed his lips. "Julian, you're covered in scratches and you have a bloody wound on your forehead, and you're worried about your frigging tees being dirty!? Do you even feel any pain at all?"

"But I loved this tees" Julian pushed out his lower lip and looked back down at his dress, his gaze lingering.

Ivan heaved a sigh and pulled him to his feet, careful not to cause him pain."Let's take you to the medical room and get your wound dressed, you stupid arse"

"You are so insensitive"

"I don't think caring more about a friend than his God damn tees is insensitive" Ivan scowled.

Julian took a step forward and whinced. The wound on his knee stinged.

"Can you walk?" Ivan scrunged his nose up.

Julian just passed a pursed smile and shrugged.

Ivan sighed. He kneeled down and looked up at the other boy. "Hop on, I'll carry you"

Julian couldn't help the grin that creeped up his face.

"What's so funny?" Ivan scowled as he got up with Julian clutching onto his back.

"Nothing. It's been a while since someone gave me a piggy back" Julian pressed his chin on Ivan's shoulder.

"Why do you sound like it's a habit of yours?"

Julian chuckled. "You bet"

"I feel bad for all your friends, Jules" Ivan made a cluck with his tongue.

"Ha. Ha. Feel bad for yourself. I'm not planning to leave you any sooner" Julian grinned, though it hurt his face.

"Ah, what unfortunate life!" Ivan shook his head, a smile tugging at the corner of his life.

No, it isn't.