Chapter 11 Study

/Shade Lord POV:

I, Seeker, and Arianna stood at the doorway that led to the throne room and grave of the Pale King. A room I suspect that Hollow would be in.

"Seeker tell Arianna to please wait here so you and me can talk to Hollow."

I say without breaking contact with the hall that led to the throne room. Seeker responded with a nod before turning to Arianna and transmitting my message to her. "Arianna our Lord has asked you to stay here as me and them go in. Understand." Seeker finishes before turning her attention back to me my eyes still staring down the hall.

But before I and Seeker could begin to walk down the hall we were stopped by distant heavy footsteps coming from inside the chamber gradually growing louder as they approached us. I let out a sigh as I saw Hollow now standing straight from the few weeks of healing walk out of the dark chambers.

"Sibling. Some of us have been wondering where you have been all day."

I say trying to act like I don't know why they were in there. Hollow finishes the gap between us and stops at the doorframe. "What.... do you.... need sibling?" Hollow says in their quiet and calm voice speaking almost hesitantly due to the fact they had to stay silent and act hollow for all their life. I was about to respond to Hollow but Seeker would answer before me.

"Like my Lord said we were just wondering where you have been all day. But since we have not surprisingly found you here I would like you to accompany me and Arianna to my chambers as I help teach her how to be a good follower of God of Gods." Seeker says earning a nod from Hollow who moved to stand beside her. I slightly shake my head in pity towards Hollow, losing the father that they adored and loved, and someone who they wanted to make proud but having that want be their very failure. Their mistake.

I wish I could say something to him something to them. Something to help them deal with such pain. But alas I have nothing to say. I turn around and begin to walk to my and Seeker's respective chambers where I will read seemingly ends logs of the Pale king's experiments with the void in the hopes of finding a way to put my sibling in the abyss back together. While Seeker teaches Arianna how to be a "good follower" to me.

..........................................................................

"Well you three need me you know I am in the room next to yours."

I say to Seeker, Arianna, and Hollow who were at the door of Seeker's bedroom where she planned to have her lessons. While my hand was placed on the doorknob of my bedroom. "Of course my Lord." Seeker says before nodding her then opening her door and heading inside with Arianna and Hollow following close behind. The door closed soon after.

I turn the knob and open the door temporarily making myself smaller to get through the door before reverting to my original size. Which is what I get for making myself near the same size as the Hollow Knight memorial statue in the City of Tears.

The guest room where I have taken up my residence was like every room and everything in this pale white. From the bed I slept in, to the dresser I never used, to even the desk and chair I brought into this room to use as my study. The only things that were not white were the old Pale King journals and silk-spun papers that have faded with time and are littered all over my desk.

I walk over to my desk and sit down at it my desk wishing I could be anywhere else than this Palace. Not that it was bad is anything far from in fact. The architecture here is absolutely beautiful but it was just so white. I have grown used to the dark blues and grey of the wasteland so having to stay in a blinding white Palace is uncomfortable.