Chapter 3 Reunion

Ch3 Reunion

/The shade Lords POV:

   I was almost there, the Hot Springs were maybe only a few more minutes away, then I could finally get the Godseeker some proper medical attention. But as happy as I was there was just one nagging feeling in the back of my head that kept tugging. Where were the infected? They were nowhere to be found besides the corpses I would see scattered around. But they were probably just the ones I killed in my travels though Hollownest. Right? But even if they weren't the ones I killed I didn't have time to investigate this weird abnormally. I had to help the Godseeker.

   Because the condition that she was in was my fault. I didn't know how I got like this. or what happened to me. It was like a part of my memory was blocked from me. But the bits and pieces I had were of a fight with the Radiance, and something about ascending something, and taking the pick of something pantheon. The memories were still coming back to me. But they were coming back slowly. Uhhhh why was all this happening to me! This is just one more thing I would have to deal with now.

   I quickly snapped my self out of my train of thought. Because I realized was really close to my destination, the hot spring. I could see the entrance to it right now. So I began to try to slow down. But I felt my hand which was helping my move slip on the ground. Then I began to lose control and my balance and begin to tumble forward straight into the hot spring entrance at full speed. But NO I won't the Godseeker to get hurt by my stupid actions again I won't allow it. So I tucked forward into a ball and wrapped my pair of arms that wasn't already holding her. Then I also wrapped my tail around her as well, and prepared for the incoming crash, because this was about to hurt.

..........................................................................

   /Hornets POV:

  I was woken up to a ever increasing rumbling sound in the distance. I couldn't see what it was because my eyes were still heavy with sleep, because I was just woken up and my body was still coming to its senses. It also didn't help that my body was still sore and aching from dragging the Hollow Knight here. Who still seemed to be asleep beside me. But the world slowly began to come into view I realized something was moving in the distance, and that something was big like really big, and it was getting closer by the second. I tried to get up and move out of the way, and to get into a defense stance to prepare for a fight.

   But then the thing in the distance slipped, and It fell forward. Which I was kinda surprised by, and kinda just stood there for a second stunned in confusion. But that was a mistake because the thing was still moving straight towards us, but now just kinda rolling.

   But right before I could see it slam through the entrance. I see the Hollow Knight grab and yank me underneath them. To protect me from the most likely incoming rock from the thing when it crashes into the room doorway.

   ............CRASH

   .......................................................................

   /The Shade Lords POV:

   Ahhhhh. Man I knew that the impact was going to hurt. But man I didn't know it was going to hurt that much. Every inch of my body now hurts.

   But when I looked down I saw that the Godseeker looked just fine, and seemed to be unscathed by the impact. Which was the only thing that mattered to me right now. Now I just needed to get her in the hot spring.

   I uncoil my self from the Godseeker but still holding her. I turn towards the spring to lay her in it, but I see something I didn't really expect to be honest. At the other end of the spring there was a tall lanky figure, with a ripped cloak, and only one arm, and a two massive pale white horns. They looked like the Hollow Knight from the Hollow Knight memorial in the City of Tears, but just less glamorous and they were hovering over another guarding a person in a red dress, who I couldn't see fully. Who I thought looked very familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on who.

..........................................................................

/Hornets POV:

  When the rubble stopped falling, and everything thing seemed to settle. I peaked out of behind of the Hollow Knight, as if I was a little girl hiding behind there parent. Then I drew my needle to prepare for a fight with this unknown thing, and it seemed the Hollow Knight had the same idea, and also got in a fighting stance even though they were in critical condition, only had one arm and didn't have a there nail with them. Because I left it in the black egg.

   The thing we turned to fight was a massive long wyrm like creature with massive branching horns, eight white glowing eyes, and four long arms with sharp claws.

   But there was something, wait no someone in its lower set of arms. This thing seemed to be cradling them in its arms. This person it was holding seemed to be unconscious, and as I got a good look at it was quite a tall person about the same hight as the Hollow Knight with yellow ish wrappings around every inch of their body. Except for their head for which they golden mask, the same black like streaks like tears running down the face of the mask.

   As we stood there waiting for it to charge at us. It didn't move not even one inch, it just kept looking back and forth between me and the Hollow Knight. Then the thing it slowly lifted one of it's arms up, which caused me to flinch and tighten my defenses stance. But it...it......just waved? With all eight of its eyes curling upwards as if it was smiling at us.

   Which caused the Hollow Knight to get of their defense stance, and just waved back at it politely. After a few moments I began to slowly loosen up and put my needle away. Then the thing turn its attention away from us and to the person it was holding in its arms. Then it slowly began to move forward until it reached the shore of the spring. Then it began to gently lay them in the water, and as it propped them up it slowly got into the water and kinda coiled them self around them as if they were guarding them.

Who is this person? and why was is that thing protecting them?