Chapter 6 Relaxation and Accidental Awakening

This chapter is going to be shorter than usual due to that I decided to post what I made of this character so far since I haven't given y'all something new in a while. Also some parts of the chapter were not properly revised, so some parts of the chapter are of higher quality than others. Sorry again for the wait.

Hope you enjoy :)
———————————————————————————

/Godseekers POV:

A few hours have passed since my little laughing fit, and Ogrim and Hornet have definitely become more cautious and distant towards me. Standing at the other side of the springs watching my and my resting gods every move, especially Hornet. Hornet now having her nail drawn constantly at the ready, waiting for one of us to try to attack her Ogrim, or the Hollow Knight in anyway. I can sympathize
and understand there suspicions of me due to their outsider perspective, but if they were in my shoes they would understand my outburst. I would try to explain to them my situation, and try to mend together some sort of relationship or neutrality between me, Hornet, and Ogrim, but I have no time for that. For which my priorities are with my god and what plans they have for the future of this forgotten kingdom known as Hollownest.

But surprisingly unlike Hornet and Ogrim the Hollow Knight didn't seem to be discouraged by my out burst, and borderline psychotic actions of me slashing open my wrist, and then immediately start laughing in an uncontrolled manner. This actually seemed to make them be more interested in me especially after they saw void come out of my wound. They were now sitting right next to me looking down at my arm watching the wrapping rewrap around my wound. Due to the Hot springs healing properties, and some sort of self healing properties that I have seemed gained. Ahhh Just another wonderful gift for my god. As I watched the wrappings twist and turn over one another, like unsupervised children running free and away from their parents gaze. Covering my self inflicted wound.

"Just astonishing ain't it hollow one?" I said to looking at the Hollow Knight moving my now completely healed arm, slowly opening and closing my fingers. But I pretty sure that they didn't hear me whatsoever. They seemed to be pretty focused and entranced, on my now healed arm. They then proceeded to lightly grab my arm and pull it closer to them so that they could touch and examine the now gone wound.

It was like a child discovering something new and unfamiliar to them, but I very well knew that they weren't unfamiliar with the void. For which they were born in the abyss consumed and Imbued with the void itself. To be honest with herself it was quite adorable to watch them look over her arm moving their thumb over were the wound would be. I couldn't help but slightly "smile" at him even though I technically didn't have a mouth, the only indication that I was smiling was that the eye holes of my mask curling up in enjoyment some how. Their child like curiosity and wonder reminded me of myself when I was a child. A time before our gods died and time when my people hadn't merged consciences. Ahhh what a time it was to be unaware of the world around me unaware of the dark times that would hit my people.

I moved my hand towards the Hollow Knight in a gesture for them to lean closer to me, and when they snapped themselves out of their trance of curiosity and leaned closer I slowly moved my hand up to there face and begin to to lightly rub underneath their chin. Seeing Ogrim do it to the Hollow Knight when they reunited gave me me the idea to do the same, and when I started to rub the underside of there chin they didn't seem to protest about it and to closed their eyes letting out a soft trill in pleasure.

"You are just adorable aren't?" I said happily with a "smile" on my face continuing to grow larger. I moved my other hand to his face and began to rube both sides of his face which seemed to make them very happy.

I turned my head towards Ogrim and Hornet to see if they may have slightly calmed down by any means. But it didn't seem like they have loosened up any bit, actually it seemed quite the opposite specifically for Hornet who seemed none too pleased at what I was doing with her sibling. Gripping her nail tighter as an attempt to control and hide her anger, her knuckles tuning white in the process.

But Ogrim seemed to have a nervous smile on his face. Happy that the Hollow Knight seemed to be comfortable around me, but he nervous on how quickly they got comfortable around me. Due to me still being very much a stranger to them who sliced open my wrist in front of them.

But Hornets face was scrunched up in irritation which made me smile delight, which she seemed to notice causing her face to scrunch up further in anger. I didn't know exactly why she was so irritated with the fact that I am giving her sibling some scratches as weird as it sounded. But I don't really care on why see is angry. That is her problem not mine.

"If you keep your face like that it will stay that way." I said in an attempt to annoy her further still with my smile on my face. I the turned my attention back to the Hollow Knight. Ignoring her which seemed to be the last straw for her. For which she then tried to run lunge at me but was immediately stopped by Ogrim by being grabbed yanked her back by the collar of her dress causing her to fall to the ground with a loud splash.

Which caused the Hollow Knight to snap out of their somewhat trance of relaxed pleasure and look towards the direction of the splash. Which was good for me because I didn't know if I would ever stop petting them, their happy little face and child like wonder activated something primal within me something motherly, and it also gave me a second to now figure out what was in the bag that was attached to my waist.

I reached down and unlatched the bag from my waist and brought it up closer to my face to inspect hoping that it could give me a clue on why it looked so familiar to me, because I knew that I had seen it before....but were? Maybe the contents of the bag will jog my memory.

So I opened the bag and grabbed one of the things inside without knowing what is what I grab, and pulled out a little charm. But wait.....this....this is not just any ordinary charm but the charm of the Grimmchild.

Seeing the Grimmchilds charm picked my interest further. This was probably my gods charm bag. so l opened the bag further and peeked inside the bag seeing all of their other charms in there. They probably put the bag on me so not to lose it since they don't have a cloak anymore, and also so not to lose Grimmchild I thought as I slowly turned the charm front and back in my hand. The Grimmchild would probably want to know what has happened to there own, but there to young and it would probably be quite confusing for them. So I drop the Grimmchild back into the bag and reattaching it to my side.

Turning around to see my slumbering god made me wonder why have they been asleep for so long? Was there ascendance into godhood and the process of leaving Godhome that hard on them, and drained them of that much energy?

I quickly shake away those blasphemous thoughts away, because there is no way that the god of gods would become tired after doing such feet's. Those tasks should be easy for them to do. I thought as I waved my arms around like a preacher giving a sermon to a crowd that was not there, and as did so my right arm slammed into my sleeping god. Which caused my to freeze in place as I looked in shock back at my god hoping that wouldn't wake them up.

But that fear soon turned out to be true. As I and everyone else heard a low rumble come from them creating massive ripples in the water as they slowly began to rise up and awake form their sleep.