~ 1 ~

TRY AGAIN?
MARKHYUCK • NCT

-

-

-

"So you sure you have everything?" Jaemin's mom softly asks as she slowly zips ups her son's backpack.

"Yes mom, I'm positive" Jaemin says as he turns around to face his mom.

"It's just that, I'm not sure how you feel right now. I mean we're in a new city, and with all of these new people. I bet it must be hard-"

"Eomeoni, everything is fine. Please don't worry, it's not healthy remember?" Jaemin says softly as he tries to calm his mother down.

Today wasn't like any other Friday, today was the Friday.

Jaemin and his parents recently moved to a new city in Korea due to his parent's new job.

Moving to a new city meant going to a new school, and going to a new school meant meeting new people.

This caused Jaemin's mother to worry a lot, she was afraid how this situation could affect her son's life.

But Jaemin on the other hand, he didn't really mind.

He liked this new feeling and he was honestly excited to get to know new people.

Back in his old school, he had a couple friends, a pretty campus and a cool room but he wanted something new.

He wanted to explore other places and interact with other people.

He was more than happy when his father told him about how they had to move.

Yea, he did and does miss his friends deeply, but he still always texts them to see how things are back at his old school.

Unfortunately, there's never anything new.

"Okay Nana just please, please be careful. Call me if you need anything okay?" the nervous mom let out.

"Yes I know" Jaemin says as he laughs softly at his mother's reaction.

"I better get going though, it's nearly 6:40 and my bus will be here soon" Jaemin said as he kisses his mom on the cheek and starts walking towards the door.

"Okay honey, love you!" she replied as she waved her hand repeatedly at her son, he returns the small gesture as he starts walking on the side walk.

The new neighborhood seemed nice he thought to himself.

There were beautiful plants everywhere and everything seemed so clean and healthy.

As Jaemin was slowly walking to the bus stop, admiring his surroundings, he gets distracted by a loud bang from behind him.

"Oh no no no, you've got to be kidding me!" an unfamiliar voice spoke from behind.

Jaemin turns around and is met with a boy, a boy around his age.

He had dark somewhat long hair with beautiful pale skin and what seemed to be a birth mark on his right hand.

He was wearing a black shirt with loose jeans, they looked so neat but were now colored with a bit of paint that was dropped on the floor.