smile like you mean it, 'til you mean it

Husk wanted to kill himself at that moment: Lucifer had been talking non-stop about Alastor. For 2 hours. Non-stop. Meanwhile, everyone woke up, obviusly everyone but the radio demon, which had exponentially increased the blond's anxiety. Plus, the king had asked him to go to a more 'intimate place' to talk more freely about the situation. Husk knew one thing: that was absolutely not a dialogue... It felt more like a psychological session. Anyway, he had to deal with it. He really was too sober for this.

"Sooo, Alastor told me about the little 'special connection' you had while alive... It's not like i'm jelous or anything it's just that..." 

...Uh?

Boss said what? That fucker said what? Husk wasn't listening to Lucifer at all, as he continued speaking. "Let me stop you immeditely." The fallen angel stopped talking as soon as Husk asked it. After all, he himself dragged the cat there to take advices. Well... Since they were there together, he hoped to extrapolate some informations about the two old 'friends' past relationship. "What exactly did boss say to you?" The blond started telling everything Alastor said to him.

Husk was actually shocked that Alastor told the king of Hell about his past that fast. Boss must have become very fond of him. He noticed how Lucifer was akwardly trying to ask him about their realtionship when they were alive, so he decided to clear up the misunderstanding so he could get back to drinking as soon as possible. He actually had enough of this bullshit. "Sir, we did not have anything." Lucifer stared at Husk for a second, as if he heard the craziest thing in Hell. Uh. "Well do you mean it lik-"

"Boss and I never fucked. Not even once."

Uh. Well that actually was good news! Wait... Why was it good news? It's not like he was in a relationship with the radio demon. Anyway, he couldn't contain the genuine smile that spread on his face. Lucifer havn't felt this happy since he created his best rubber duck. "I helped getting over his sexual issues supporting him, as a friend. It was nice being friends with him, but then he started his vodoo shit, and the fight with my dad happened, so our relationship deteriorated. But anyway he hated me, i guess, so..."

The fallen angel was really head over heels, and kept asking questions about how Husk helped Alastor in the past to get him feel comfortable again. He religiously listened to all the advice the tired cat told him. Apparently Alastor simply needed some time to himself, then when he would feel ready again he would come back on his own. Lucifer also learnt that the radio demon didn't really like surprises, unless they had anything to do with food. Maybe he could prepare him a fancy dinner in his room, just the two of them. Was this idea too hasty? Maybe it would have scared him. "Your majesty, one last thing..." Lucifer opened his ears wide, to listen Husk's latest advices. Uhuh, that sure was a great suggestion!  He had to start the preparations as soon as possible if he wanted to do that, so he thanked the cat profusely and left him to his job as a bartender. But before going away he had to tell him. "Hey Husk, ya' know... Alastor doesn't hate you. Not at all." The angel watched the little smile form on the cat's face, proud of himself, and then ran off to begin the preparations.

Husk felt he had done the right thing for once. Even if he had done it for his stupid asshole ex-friend, now boss. He promised not to tell anyone about the affair between those two powerful beings, but Lucifer didn't know that everyone in the hotel already knew it (except for Charlie obviously). They were so obvious. He laughed by himself and walked towards the counter, starting to carefreely clean the glasses from the night before again. "Ehe... They really are two losers."

Alastor locked himself in his room for a few days, going out only for fighting the angels and talking business with Charlie. He didn't feel like being seen too much those days. He knew he was a different person than he was when he was younger, but still telling everything again had tired him a little more than expected. He hoped he could take it all a little easier, but instead he needed to be alone for a while. Not that his old wounds hurt anymore, but remembering past traumas definitely wouldn't make anyone want to have 'sexual intercourse'. Not that the idea of sex in general had ever particularly attracted him. Of Lucifer he liked their strange relationship, the look on his angelic face, the closeness of those moments of intimacy, the consensus, the affinity of character, his fixation for rubber ducks... Oh right, his blood too. He had almost forgotten why their 'private meetings' had begun. So yes, sex was good with him. That's why he felt so bad, leving him like that.

Anyway, it was time to get out of his 'den' and return to face the real world, with his head held high and with a smile on his face. Leaving the room, he heard a certain commotion of someone running away. As if that someone had been watching at his door all this time, to see when he would finally get out. He decided to let it go, even though it was suspicious, and finally made his appearance in the main hall. It was evening, but it didn't matter to him, after all he had always liked to be waited on. He had imagined everything except this view of the room: a long table decorated and set for eight. On the white and red tablecloth there were trays with appetizing dishes that filled the room with a delicious aroma. A real smile spread on Alastor's face. He didn't really like surprises, but when it came to food he certantly couldn't refuse them.

Charlie approached him first, taking his hand and kindly accompanying him to the table. "Alastor, we've all noticed that you barely left your room these days." The radio demon looked with a bright happy smile in the direction of Husk, but the cat raised his hands beside his head, as if to say that he had nothing to do with it. How strange... Yet he was the only one to whom he had told how much he loved eating together on special occasions. It gave him a feeling of home, of comfort. "Obviusly something is bothering you, so we thought we'd organize this beautiful dinner for you... You know, to cheer you up!" Of course, it was her. The demon patted Charlie's head. He greatly admired her thoughtfulness and kindness, so he thanked her heartily. Surely he would return the gesture in some way in the future. "Although... This is not really my idea." Alastor looked surprised at Charlie, who, with a playful smile, was pointing with her eyes at the person behind her. 

Alastor curiously looked over her shoulder, just to see the only mighty king of Hell hiding behind his daughter, murmuring to her something. "No Charlie! I told you not to say that! I can't let that demon think that i care abou-" Lucifer stopped talking as soon as he noticed that the radio demon was standing in front of him, looking him in the eyes with a satisfied smile on his face. The fallen angel's cheeks, somehow, became redder than they already were. He hid his face in his hands, only to be mocked by the demon who leaned down to speak in his ear. "Sooo, the most powerful being of hell reall-"

"Don't embarass me any more than I already am, idiot!" Lucifer stopped Alastor from talking, placing a finger on the demon's lips. It was too late when he realized everybody was watching them acting like a married couple. At this scene, Alastor laughed. Not one of his usual laughs, which was the laugh to make fun of someone. This time, it was a real laugh, amused, joyful. A hearty laugh like that, from him, was truly a very rare event. "Well... Shall we eat then?" Lucifer couldn't hide his feelings anymore, so he smiled and took Alastor to his seat, hand in hand. The dinner proved to be really pleasant: the company was close-knit, and it was also the first time that the group had been together to celebrate something together, after the reconstruction of the hotel. Alastor was sitting at the head of the table and Lucifer was on his right. The radio demon, in a moment of general confusion in the room, approached the blond and placed a hand on his thigh. "Thank you very much, my dear. I would like to show you my gratitude later..." Lucifer tried not to blush at his words, mostly because his daughter was right in front of him. He kicked Alastor's knee and coughed to cover his embarassment. "We'll see later, demon." Lucifer didn't want to admit it to himself, but all he could do at that moment was smile like a fool at the demon's words. 

He was happy.

"Your majesty, one last thing..." Lucifer opened his ears wide, to listen Husk's latest advices. "Make it big for him." Lucifer was happy that Alastor was surrounded by demons like the cat, who even if they didn't show it, cared about him in their own way. "Thank you Husk. Really."

------------------------------------

A/N: hey everyone, hope you liked this new chapter. I really am a sucker for hurt/comfort but i can't write it :,(

Anyway if it wasn't clear, the last part in coursive is a mini-flashback from the beginning of the chapter, when Husk was giving advices to Lucifer. New chapter coming soon!

P.S.: english is not my first language, so if you find any mistake point them out and i'll correct them as soon as possible. Thank you<33