54

Season 1 - Episode 14

[Game of Drones]

Chase had been up for several hours. He was bored since he wasn't the team leader anymore. Sara was still sleeping and he didn't want to wake her, but everyone else was doing things that he didn't really like. He'd annoyed Bree until she left with Skylar to go out to have frozen yoghurt. Oliver and Kaz were watching their fantasy football since their teams were going up against one another. Finally, he'd suffered alone long enough and went upstairs. He stood at the foot of her bed deciding how he was going to wake her.

"Either crawl into bed with me or try and bribe me out?" She mumbled. Chase threw his hand in the air.

"How did you even know I was in here? I made sure to be so quiet." Sara laughed.

"I think you forget I have the ability to feel others' presence, also I know your footsteps." She opened the covers and scooted back a bit so he could slide under the covers as well.

"You ever think the others get annoyed with us?" Chase slid out of his hightops and laid in bed next to her as she cuddled up against his chest.

"All the time, but most of them are just lonely cause you know if they had a significant other they would be together all the time as well." She leaned back for a moment. "I mean look at Oliver he would do anything just to see Skylar clip her toenails, you won't even do that."

"Do you want me to?" Chase asked. Sara laughed and shook her head as she buried herself in the blankets. She said something under the covers. "What was that?" Chase yanked the covers free making her shiver.

"Stop it's cold," She wrapped her arms around his waist as he let the covers settle once more. "I said what's got you up here? Are you bored?"

"You make me sound like a dog," Chase huffed. There was a pause. "Yes, I'm bored. The others are doing their own things and I can't boss them around anymore."

"Did you try painting?"

"Yes, that took me two hours, but I can't finish it."

"Why not?"

"It's a portrait of you and even if I want to do it by memory I feel like it won't be perfect without you there with me," Chase pointed out. She leaned back blinking several times.

"When did you start a portrait of me?"

"During like the first week here, you wanted to start painting again, so I joined you." Sara sat up and moved a leg over his hips.

"But I didn't know you were doing a portrait of me."

"Yeah, 'cause you always say no," Chase smiled at her.  She pushed her hair back over her shoulder as she looked around her room. There were clothes everywhere.