82"

Camilla and James were rudely awoken by Sirius who had thrown the door open and pulled the curtains open harshly, allowing the blinding light to filter in through the windows

"Wake up!"

Camilla and James groaned, turning into each other to protect their eyes from the glow.

"Padfoot, what in merlin's name are you doing?" James asked groggily looking at the cloak and turning back to nestle his face in Camilla's hair, "It's only seven in the morning"

"Firstly" Sirius started, "the pair of you are disgusting", he commented, watching the two of them huddle together for warmth, "and secondly, it's snowed!"

Sirius had always been childishly excited about snow ever since Camilla had known him.

"The snow will still be there in a couple of hours Black" Camilla groaned, struggling to prise her eyes open

"That's a couple of hours less to be outside in it" Sirius countered. A smile formed on his face as an idea popped into his head. "It's a shame honestly, I was fancying a quick quidditch game in the snow. Winner gets my full set of chocolate frog cards. Oh well...never mind...."

"Oh Fine" James and Camilla sighed in synch, rolling out of bed

Sirius smirked to himself.

It was almost too easy

Camilla and Sirius had teamed up together against James in a snowball fight. It was more a war than a fight. Camilla had already taken atleast a dozen snowballs to the head, much to the absolute delight of James. Both Camilla and Sirius had decided they had enough and joined forces against him. Camilla was tasked with making as much ammunition as possible whilst Sirius fired them James' way.

They had even taken the fight to the air, riding on their brooms and hurling the snowballs at each other with blistering speeds.

It was fair to say the three of them had quite a few red marks that would most definitely form into bruises later on.

For the rest of the afternoon, Mr Potter had accompanied them to go sledging along with the muggle children from the village down at a great hill. They had taken the lids off bins and used tea trays and bin liners as a sledge and whooped and laughed uncontrollably as someone would inevitably fall off and face plant into the snow. The Potters, of course, had a beautiful wooden crafted sledge, but James, Fleamont and Sirius were far too intrigued by the tea trays the muggle children were using and the sledge was quickly discarded.

Once their clothes were well and truly soaked from the snow and once they had been chilled to the core, it was a big relief to be back at the Potter's house for tea. Mrs Potter had ushered them upstairs for a warm shower and the three of them had settled down into the living room playing a game of exploding snap infront of the fire.

It was a knock at the door that caught their attention.

Mr and Mrs Potter looked equally alarmed.

It was Mr Potter who approached.

"Who's there?" he demanded

"Alister Moody" The man returned.

Camilla knew of the man. Members of her family had mentioned his names a few times. He was an auror and working member of the order of the phoenix.

"Where was the first time we met?" Fleamont asked, still wary of the individual on the other side of the door

"In the lift at the ministry on your way to the department of magical law enforcement, fifteen years ago"

Fleamont seemed satisfied and opened the door revealing a very gruff looking man.

It sent a shiver down Camilla's spine as he looked at them all. It felt like he could look through her.

"Alister, what is it? What's the news" Mrs Potter asked with a rush

"I'm afraid is bad news effie" he said gruffly

Mrs Potter had heard everything she had needed to before sending James, Sirius and Camilla all upstairs.
James looked as if he was going to protest but his mother sent him a stern look which made him shut his mouth instantly.

The three of them begrudgingly trudged upstairs and hung around on the landing, peering over the banisters attempting to eavesdrop on their conversation without being noticed.

It was difficult to hear and their voices seemed muffled, but they could just work out what was being said.

Camilla wished there was another way to listen in, there had to be a better way. Why hadn't anyone ever come up with such device?

"Another attack?" Fleamont asked gravely

"afraid so" Moody replied, "A big one, across the whole country. There's several muggle families dead, several muggleborn's. Even some non mixed blood folks. It was a far larger attack than anyone, even Dumbledore, could had expected. We didn't think Voldemort had that many followers. Albus believes he is only just starting to show his true strength now"

Camilla could hear the sadness in Euphemia's voice.
"Oh goodness, how horrible, just before christmas as well! Anyone we know?" she asked, hoping and praying for a no.

There was a long silence and Camilla instantly felt dread fill her stomach.

"I'm afraid they got the Bones" Moody said gravely, "their children; Amelia, Egar and Adam are safe for the time being"

Camilla felt a gasp form in her throat but it was Sirius who placed a finger to his lips, reminding her to remain silent.

James simply grasped her hand and held it tightly.

"Oh poor dear" Euphemia whispered weakly. It sounded as if she was holding back tears.

Camilla felt utterly sick.

The Bones were pure blooded, just like Camilla's own family, Just like James' family.

The Bone's had been killed because they fought and they had the courage to disagree.

Just like the Prewett's fought and disagreed and just like the Potters did.

Merlin, Edgar was only a few years above themselves at Hogwarts and Adam a year below.

Once Moody had disappeared along with Fleamont, presumably to the order of the phoenix head quarters; Camilla, James and Sirius all sat on James' bed with stony faces.

It was a harsh slap in the face for the reality of the outside world.

Blood purity didn't matter anymore.

It was obey or be murdered.

It was a strange realisation to come to in James Potters childhood bedroom.