22"

"All Im saying is that I think Dai Llewllyn is the best quidditch player there has ever been

"All Im saying is that I think Dai Llewllyn is the best quidditch player there has ever been. No one ever will beat him" James shrugged as the pair of them made their way through a tray of sandwiches.

James had preferred the cheese and Camilla the ham so it had worked out perfectly

"Once again, I disagree" Camilla shook her head, finishing her crusts

James raised his eyebrows in horror at the thought of Camilla disagreeing with what he thought, was a fact.

"It's obviously Goodwin Kneen" camilla said watching James tuck into other sandwich as they sat side by side on a table, the tray in-between them, "The man is a legend for merlins sake"

James seemed to think for a couple of seconds, "Hm, he's a close second"

Camilla scoffed in amusement and took a sip of her pumpkin juice.

"now that we are 'friends' and all" she said, pulling the word friends, in quotation marks, "does that mean we'll be able to agree on the next matches formation?"

James laughed, 'I don't think we will ever be able to agree on Quidditch formation but maybe I'll be more willing to co-operate and negotiate ideas" he concluded, "as long as you listen to mine as well"

Camilla sighed, "But Potter, you should know by now, my opinion is never right"

James rolled his eyes in amusement, "of course it's not Prewett" he said sarcastically making camilla bump him on the arm with her shoulder.

The pair of them ate silently and Camilla was content watching the house elves hurrying around.

James however, was looking to Camilla.

Her waving blonde hair was let down over her shoulders. It was unusual for it to be like that, it was usually tied up for quidditch James had noticed. Instead if fell over her shoulders and down her back over her Gryffindor quidditch jumper. It looked good on her. Her eyes were strikingly different to the emerald green of lily Evans and were a deep rich brown. James saw that when the light hit them, they seemed to have a golden hint which matched her hair. Camilla seemed to have a constant pink hue across her cheeks, lips and nose from the biting cold wind from flying around the pitch. Now he was thinking about it, he didn't think camilla had ever not had a slightly pink blush. It was all terribly adorable.

James' eye widened as the thought popped into his head. It was unexpected and out of no where.

Camilla had seemed to notice his surprise.

"Everything alright Potter?"

James composed himself and looked to her easily, "Everything's fine. Fancy heading back to the common room? It's getting late, the others will be wondering where we got to"

Camilla nodded and jumped down off the table, thanking the house elves for the sandwiches. She turned to James and looked at him expectedly, her arms crossed against her chest.

"well, what are you waiting for Potter?" she said tilting her head and smiling at him

James had noticed that he liked making her smile.

"Coming" he said with a small smirk, sliding off the table and following her out into the corridor.

As they entered the common room together, they both spotted their own group of friends huddled together near the fire, seemingly gossiping.

James and Camilla looked to each other in confusion and  made their way over to see what their friends were talking about.

"what is everyone whispering about?" Camilla asked as her and James approached them

The groups eyes widened and they seemed to hush as they saw James and Camilla.

"Just Sirius' horrible care of magical creatures grade" Mary said shrugging

"It's really not that bad" Sirius said, sending Mary a scowl

"Sirius, you lost  your Jackalope" Peter stressed making the girls and James laugh

"You can't claim 'it's not bad' when you literally lost the creature you was supposed to be looking after" Remus said slightly dumfounded

"Don't worry about it mate, happens to the best of us" James laughed, slapping a comforting hand on Sirius shoulder

"where have you two been all evening anyway?" Lily asked looking between the two of them

"yeah, we didn't see you at dinner" Alice asked, also turning to look at them

"Quidditch session" camilla explained easily

"Since when does James run it?" Marlene questioned

"Thought camilla could do with some company" James shrugged casually

Everyone else looked to each other in confusion.

"and where did you go during dinner?" Lily continued with intrigue

Camilla sighed and flopped down in-between Peter and Alice, "What's with the one hundred and one questions lils? We didn't realise how late it was got and we missed dinner so went and got some sandwiches from the kitchen"

James nodded in confirmation .

Everyone seemed baffled.

"So the pair of you are friends again now?" Sirius asked looking between them

"yes" James said simply

"well... we'll see how it goes" camilla said jokingly

"well its good you can both get a long again" Lily said with a smile.

Camilla nodded and announced that she was off for a shower for the evening whilst the boys, including James, split off from the group to go and probably plan some trouble in their dorm.

"You don't think it's actually happening, do you?" Marlene asked with a hush towards Lily, Mary and Alice

"Truthfully I have no idea" Lily confessed, "maybe"

"it seems like the start of at least something" Mary suggested

"It would be against the will of the fucking universe for the pair off them to not work out" Alice said with amusement, "I have literally seen them get their broom out and polish it at the exact same time, in sync!"

"personally, it's always kind of freaked me out" Marlene said, "In training they shout the same things out to the team. It's like they share a brain. It's fucking disturbing"

"Oh shush" Lily laughed, "I think it's awfully sweet. They'd be so well suited"

"You're just glad Potter is finally leaving you alone" Mary laughed lightheartedly at lily

"perhaps" Lily smiled, "But that's just a positive. Cam and Potter are supposed to be together"