34"

So far camilla had made excellent progress in Potions

So far camilla had made excellent progress in Potions. Her extra study sessions with lily had seemed to be paying off. On the last potion assignment she had managed to get a high E which she was pretty proud of. Though her happiness had fallen flat when Steve had asked her if they wanted to go on their date the next day.

Currently Camilla was getting ready in her dorm. It was cold outside and a layer of snow still covered the floor. She wanted to dress warm whilst simultaneously looking nice. She wasn't too fussed, it was only Steve Laughalot. He wasn't particularly a looker himself. She put on her new red corduroy skirt, in which her parents had gotten her for Christmas, and paired it with some tights and a cream soft jumper. She put in the dangly silver earrings Mary had gotten her for Christmas and slipped her coat over her shoulders. Camilla hadn't decided to do much makeup or much with her hair and stuck to gently waving it, leaving it down to fall over her shoulders. She'd decided that Steve wasn't worth it. She picked up her hat and considered wearing it. Her ears would be cold if not.

James was right, it was a terrible hat.

She thought against the idea and left it on her bed.

The rest of the girls had already gone down to the carriages and into Hogsmeade but Lily had remained and walked Camilla to the front doors of the castle. She was off to meet with Remus for the afternoon. The marauders had been banned from going to Hogsmede some time ago and Lily had claimed it far too cold to venture outside.

"have fun Cam" she smiled giving Camilla's hand a squeeze

Camilla sighed, "I will at-least try"

lily laughed and waved her goodbye as camilla ventured out into the courtyard and the snow.

It was a lot colder than she thought it was and wished she put on some more layers. She was just glad her fluffy socks she had put on under her boots were keeping her feet warm. Towards the gates of the castle she heard some familiar laughter.

James and Sirius were in-front of her, throwing snow balls at each other violently.

Camilla walked hurriedly over and braced herself for the likely chance of being hit by a snowball. She was lucky as both boys ceased fire.

"Potter, just the person I was looking for" she said

James looked over her carefully. Camilla was wearing a nice red skirt and wasn't wearing her orange hat. She always wore her hat. She hated the cold.

Camilla must have been on her way to her date.

If James was forced to admit it, he would say she looked pretty.

"are you off on your date then Cam?" Sirius asked, seemingly also noticing her cleaned up appearance

She nodded in confirmation and James wasn't able to tell what she felt about it all.