46"

Life had Hogwarts had quickly become extremely manic for Camilla

She felt as if she was running around like a headless chicken.

On top of Quidditch training, supervising the first and second years and prefect patrols; the end of year exams for sixth-years were quickly approaching which meant spending majority of her time in the library either trying her best or revise or doing her millionth bit of homework that week.

There was so much to do and remember that she felt as if her brain was slowly turning to mush.

Though she was proud of herself for making her revision throughout the year. It meant she didn't have to spend hours making all her notes.

She had ruled potions a lost cause but Lily had insisted that she could help her. Camilla had never been so glad for her in that moment. Slowly but surely, with Lily's help, she managed to wrap her head around it all.

If anyone was more of a nervous wreck than Camilla, it was Lily.

The girl was no where to be seen around the common room and you could usually find her frantically scribbling in a lonely corner of the library with several books open.

Mary hadn't seemed too fussed about it all and took to helping Marlene organise all her notes, or rather her lack of notes, on her subjects.

Alice was the luckiest of all the girls. Frank had donated all of his old material for her to learn and she was pretty much set for most subjects, expected for Herbology, in which Frank didn't take but Alice had a natural proclivity to anyway.

Camilla guessed that was the benefit of having a boyfriend the year above them.

Whilst the girls seemed far too busy being wound up about the upcoming exams, the Marauders were quite the opposite.

Remus didn't particularly seemed bothered at all. He often studied with Camilla, and mostly Lily, and he seemed to know what he was talking about.

For James and Sirius, exams were not not something they would worry about too much. They made it more of a competition rather than a serious measure of ability. But both boy's magical ability, and their theory, seemed to come to them naturally.

In contract to his best friends, Peter was terribly nervous and twitchy, not confident in his ability in defence. He was still unable to produce a shielding charm and was absolutely certain he would be asked to perform one.
Camilla had attempted to teach him, being pretty good at the practical aspect herself, and Peter was slowly getting there. But truth be told, didn't quite know if Peter would be master it in time. But he would definitely get a pass.

"You don't need to cast a Protego Duo, totalum, horribilis or maxima" Camilla said trying to sooth Peter in the common room, "You'll only be required to produce a simple shield, which you can do"

"Not very well" Peter said disheartened

"You've already got it Pettigrew" She reassured, "You'll definitely pass. You need to remember to believe that you can do it" she articulated, regurgitating what James had told her when trying to produce a patronus.

Peter huffed and nodded, raising his wand again.

James, Sirius and Remus all entered the common room and Peter, within noticing them, put his wand down as the approached.

"Alright Prewett?" James smiled, "Wormtail" he nodded, "What are we up to here"

"Cam's trying to help me with my shield charm" Peter said, slightly annoyed with himself he was unable to produce a strong one.

Peter wasn't necessarily incompetent at defence against the dark arts, but it frustrated him to not be as good as his friends around him.

"You can do it Peter" camilla reiterated, "You will at-least pass it"

"No need to worry then Mate" James said slinging an arm around his shoulder.

"You'll get there" Remus nodded in agreement

"Just got to believe you can do it Wormy" Sirius said slapping a hand on his shoulder

James turned to Camilla, "That reminds me! Come on" he said, grabbing camilla hand and pulling her across the room and out of the common room.

"where the hell are they going?" Sirius asked as James dragged camilla out of the room

"Fuck knows"

"James, not now, I have revision to be doing" Camilla whined as he pulled her into the room of requirements and instructed her to pull her wand out.

"The quicker you get your patronus, the more time you have to revise and play quidditch" he argued.

Camilla supposed he was right.

"Remember" James said, standing beside Camilla, her wand out, "clear your mind, think of a happy memory and keep it in your mind when you say the incanation"

Camilla nodded and closed her eyes, trying to rid all current thoughts.

For the past week she had been so close to producing her corporeal form. James swore that he had seen something a couple of days ago.

Once her mind was completely cleared, she envisioned her happy memory in her mind.

It was a specific day in her childhood. It was her tenth birthday and a beautifully sunny day. Gideon and Fabien had managed to convince Doris and Molly to get up onto a broom and they had a massive family quidditch match in their back-garden. Camilla had never been happier in that moment. To be filled with birthday cake and to be surrounded by all her siblings whom she so greatly looked up to.

It was everything she could have ever wanted.

Raising her wand, she muttered the incantation.

"Expecto Patronum!"

Camilla kept her eyes closed as she felt something propelled from her wand. She wasn't sure if It had fully worked.

"Did I do it?" She asked through one eye, hoping that she had finally managed to produce it so she could turn her attention back to more pressing matters.

James didn't speak in reply, but just started at the creature that trotted around the room delicately.

Camilla opened her eyes and gasped in delight, "A doe! Oh, its gorgeous, look James!"

James was far too consumed by the fact that it was indeed a doe to reply to her.

Camilla seemed far too oblivious to know of the implications of what this all meant.

James had read up about it. He was quite the expect in this area, whilst researching the transformation into becoming animagi.

Camilla, on the other hand, had seemly not gotten to the chapter of her book about matching forms.

"How funny" she said turning to James with a smile, "We're matching"

"Y-yeah" James said, still trying to comprehend the shock he experienced, not properly digesting the significance of what their patronus had meant.

————————————————-
A/N

Camilla matching James patronus ❌

James matching Camilla's patronus ✅