58"

It was a quiet day in the cafe and a scorching day

A couple of people had popped in for some cooling drinks to refresh them yet for the most part, it was empty.

Camilla sat along with a muggle girl named Ella behind the counter, whom worked at the Cafe.

Camilla was fond of her. Ella was a relaxing presence and easy to talk to.

The girls were far too hot and sat behind the counter fanning themselves whilst Camilla read the muggle newspaper, The Daily Telegraph.

On one of the pages, a story about a missing family. One day there were there, the next, no where to be found.

Camilla knew what had happened to them.

It must have been the work of wizards.

She had heard plenty of muggleborns had been disappearing but whole muggle families?

The thought sent a shiver down her spine even though the temperature on the thermometer hanging on the wall hit 33°c.

"It's strange, isn't it?" Ella said peering over her shoulder, "a whole family that's just vanished. The police don't even have any idea what may have happened"

Camilla pretended to know what the police was and nodded.

"Perhaps they moved away without telling anyone?" Camilla shrugged simply, continuing to stare at the faces of the family plastered across the page. It didn't move like wizard pictures did but their faces and stare looked haunting.

"Perhaps" Ella agreed looking up as the bell above the door chimed as someone walked in.

Camilla continued to read the paper, frowning.

"I've never seen him around before" Ella said, referring to the man whom had just walked into the cafe and taken a seat, looking at the menu, "I would have definitely remembered him if I had" she said jokingly, eyeing the man.

"It's probably someone passing on their way to St Ives" Camilla replied, not looking up, "it's peak holiday season there now"

Ella agreed and disappeared behind the back of the cafe to check the rest of the stock and to make sure the remaining ice they had left had not melted.

Camilla sighed folding the newspaper and tossing it onto her seat as she stood up. She kept her eyes down whilst she struggled to pull out her notepad and pen which was stuck in her apron.

"Good morning, what can I get for you?" she asked absentmindedly, flipping her notepad to a fresh page

"I'll have a Cappuccino, please"

Camilla pulled a face which she couldn't help. Who, in merlins name, was having a coffee in such heat?

"...whatever a Cappuccio even is"