the case of matt miller (2)

chapter five: the case of matt miller (2)

chapter five:
the case of matt miller (2)

DAY TIME
SAM DELGADO'S CAR

SAM AND ROBIN were driving back to starcourt with the blueprints of the entire mall as heroes by david bowie was playing faintly on the radio. "how are you?" robin asks.

"hmm?"

"i asked how are you? we haven't had a one-on-one talk ever since this whole russian thing. i just wanted to check up on you and see how you're doing." robin explains.

"oh." sam chuckles softly. "i'm okay, i think? what about you?"

"i'm okay too. it's just crazy that i decided to get a summer job, and now we're solving a russian mystery with steve the hair harrington and your future brother-in-law." she answers as they both laugh. "how are you holding up with the whole matt situation?"

"ehh. i mean, life was getting too good for me. something bad had to happen. i mean, i wish he came to talk to me about it, but i can't force him."

"i know i should be comforting you and saying you don't need that asshole. but what if something happened to matt? which is the reason why he hasn't appeared ever since."

"i don't know; you could be right because his parents told me that he disappears for hours and returns once everyone is asleep... i don't know; my family is probably cursed. the minute life starts getting too good, everything suddenly goes upside down. the only lucky ones in the family are tara and axel. i see her love life, and it's like a romantic rom-com without any drama. then, you see axel's long—distance love story. every girl's dream love story. then, you see mine...i can create a whole book on it." sam rants.

"hey, you'll get your romantic rom-com love story. there's probably an explanation for this, matt will come around." robin comforts her. she sighs as she leans back onto the passenger seat. "you want to talk about mine? pshh! i like a tammy thompson, and we don't even talk. she'll probably never talk to me. who would, anyway? i'm a weird lesbian."

"robin, you're not weird. you were the only one in high school who was normal. everyone was weird and gross. you are the nicest person i've ever met. you're amazing. you're different from other people i've met there. you're the best friend everyone needs in their life. tammy thompson is probably not even the one for you. she even sucks at singing, so why would you want someone who sings like kermit." sam said as they laughed.

"she does not!"

"please, have you heard her singing? the girl sounds like kermit the frog on cocaine."