delgado

chapter one:delgado

chapter one:
delgado

HAWKINS, INDIANA
OCT  30, 1983

THE DELGADO HOUSE is a house surrounded by love, commitment, loyalty, and stable marriage. The pretty little sister that little boys have a crush on. The middle child who boys respect since she had a cop dad. The older brother is overprotective of his sisters. The cop's dad. The stay-at-home mom. Hawkins always said they were the definition of the perfect life.

However, not many liked the Delgado family. When I said that little boys have a crush on their little sister, Tara, I meant her friends, whom other kids like to call the losers, have a crush on her. Dustin Henderson & Mike Wheeler. The oldest daughter, Sam, is best friends with the boy they like to call the freak, the only boy who's been genuine with her. Jonathan Byers. Women grew jealous of Christina Delgado. How could she be a stay-at-home mom with money and not do anything? Bryan Delgado wanted to be the one to provide for his family. They even envy Axel for having a father who pays for his college tuition and cares about him. Bryan loves his family to death. He would do anything for them. He's the father everyone dreamed of having in their lives. But,

Everything must come to an end.

▣ ▣ ▣ ▣

THE SUN WAS SETTING, GETTING CLOSE TO NIGHT TIME. The couple are going out for their date night after the longest week at work for Bryan. Tara was playing with Will outside, looking at the telescope. At the same time, Sam and Jonathan were studying for a chemistry test.

"Okay, remember..." Bryan started.

"Tara needs to go to bed by nine. Don't open the door to anyone that knocks after eight; if someone attempts to break in, use my gun, keep an eye out on Tara, and take care of myself." Sam finished his father's sentence.

"Oh, and don't forget. Joyce will call you every hour to check on you guys. I already told her if you guys don't pick up after she has called you more than two times to come here." Tina added.

"Oh, and make sure Sam is focused and not watching TV while studying," Jonathan added.

"Good one." Bryan agreed. "First study, and then watch movies. You got a big test to study for."

"I will; Jonathan will have the controller the whole time and won't let me grab it until we finish studying." Sam defended.

Tara and Will come running from the backyard, out of breath. "Can we please have mac n cheese!" Tara pleads.