the babysitter of hawkins (2)

chapter seven:the babysitters of hawkins (2)

chapter seven:
the babysitters of hawkins (2)

AFTERNOON
THE WOODS

STEVE AND DUSTIN had arrive to the woods to start their mission on trying to stop dart from causing bigger chaos. never in a million years would steve harrington think he'd be helping a literal child with demogorgan stuff.

"this is lucas. do you copy? dustin?"
lucas says through the mic.

"well, well, well, look who it is."
dustin answered.

"sorry, man. my stupid sister had the walkie this whole time. sam, tara and i are on our way over there right now."

"well, when you were having sister problems, dart grew again, sam had to kick it into my cellar which he escaped and i'm pretty sure he's a baby demogorgan."

"yeah, you sure he's a baby demogorgan right now? because from the hole sam describe it, i don't think baby creatures can create tunnels."

"yeah sure. whatever makes you happy, just meet me and steve at the old junkyard."

"steve?"

"make sure you brought your binoculars
and wrist rockets."

"steve harrington?"

steve closes his trunk of his car.
"alright, let's go."

"just be there, stat. over and out."
dustin said before cutting out the call.

▣ ▣ ▣ ▣

THINGS HAD GOTTEN BAD AT
HAWKINS LAB. hopper, joyce, mike and bob were accompanying will to see if there's any way to diagnose on why will has been having episodes and getting some strange symptoms. one of them was forgetting things...forgetting someone. will couldn't recognize who hopper or bob was which is strange since will was always around them. hopper went outside to get some air and this whole situation brought him back to how things ended with axel and el couple days ago. now that owen's let everyone get some air as they wait for answers. hopper has gotten the time to apologize.

"hey, uh...it's me. i know that i've been gone too long and you might think i left you two after what happen couple days ago. it's- i just...i want you two to know that it's not about you guys and it's not about our fight....things came up, and i promise you i will explain to you two later..." hopper sighs, this was his first time talking to someone fatherly. "i'm sorry...i'm sorry for the way i reacted to you, axel. i should of listened to you, and i should have never made you feel that you didn't care about el. you're bryan's oldest kid, i shouldn't have underestimated you. i should of known better, i know you want to protect the girls and i know you grew an attachment to el and consider her as your little sister now...you want to protect them...you want to at least give el a childhood she got taken away, but i get scared you know? what if those people end up finding el and you together. they take her and they'll kill you. i just-" he gulps trying to hold back from crying. "i promised your dad that i would take care of you and the girls if one day he and your mom leave. i was always written as your second parent if they leave the world. i don't want to fail that promise i made. if one of you die i don't know what i would do. i wouldn't know how to live...." he puts his head down on the steering wheel, taking deep breaths so he wouldn't break down. "what i'm trying to say is...you and the girls brought light into my world after sarah left...you guys gave me another opportunity to be a dad again...you guys aren't even my actual kids and somehow you lighted up my world. i care about you and the girls and im sorry i haven't been the best father lately. i promise you i will be better for you guys...for your dad and mom...i...love you." tears stream down hopper's eyes as he turns off his walkie before he breaks more into tears.