love emergency

BONUS CHAPTER:

BONUS CHAPTER:

love emergency

LUCAS WAS RIDING HIS BIKE TO THE DELGADO'S. in the need of help with an apology to max. this was the fifth time max has broken up with him this summer, and anytime he apologizes, he gifts her flowers with a handwritten note. it works, but he want this one to special and the last time he gets broken up with. and who would be this person that will help him out? his girlfriend's best friend. or will it be her?

lucas arrives at the delgado's driveway, and hops off, letting the bike fall to the ground. he runs towards the entrance, and starts banging on the door like a maniac. you can hear fast footsteps on the other side of the door, axel opens the door. his shoulders relaxed when it was lucas at his door.

"dude, did you have to bang the door that loud?"
axel complained.

"sorry i have an emergency, is tara here?"

"uh, no? remember she's at that summer camp with dustin right now. what happened?"

"i forgot...oh! is sam here?"

"no, she's on a double date with jonathan and nancy. but what happened?"

"damn it...can you help me?"

"what happened!"
axel raises his voice at the end.

"funny thing, i said something i should have never said-"

"well, what did you say to her?"
axel crosses his arms as he leans on the side.

"so, you know that new mall that just opened up a couple of weeks ago?" lucas asked, and axel nods. "so, i took her shopping with the money i had saved from helping you clean your car..."

"yes?"

"we went inside this clothing store, and she was taking a really long time...and i might of told her to...hurry up..."

"no..."

"i know! i should of just kept my mouth shut. steve was clocking out at scoops, and she asked him to give her a ride, and they left."

"are you..." axel slaps lucas head. "...an idiot?"

"i didn't know!"

"you didn't know? you never rush a girl when she's looking at clothes and makeup!"

"i know that now!"

axel places his hands on his face, disappointed in lucas. he exhales out. "alright what's the plan? what do you need?"

"a stereo, someone who can hold the stereo, and someone who can hold my apology banner." he responds.

"i have a stereo, and i can be the one who can hold it. scott can be the one who holds the banner." axel said. "hey, scott!" he called out.

"no. no. no." lucas shakes his head. "anyone, but him."

"what's wrong with scott helping?"

"he's so ugly, and he's going to ruin
my apology proposal." lucas complained.

axel chuckles realizing why lucas doesn't
want scott there. "he's not going to steal, max."

scott appears at the door. "what's going on?"

"can you help us with an apology proposal
for lucas?"

▣ ▣ ▣ ▣

LUCAS, SCOTT AND AXEL DROVE TO MAX'S HOUSE IN AXEL'S JEEP.  it was obvious on lucas's face, he didn't want scott to be there. he's going ruin my plan and he's going to run off with max. he thinks to himself. he's been jealous ever since that encounter at the byers where max wouldn't stop giggling at scott.

they arrive at her house as they begin prepping the apology proposal. "okay, run down...you axel, you hold the stereo while i sing to her. you...scott. you hold the sign and flowers. got it?"

"yes, sir."
scott said.

scott starts opening up the sign. in lucas handwriting
it said...

I am sorry :(
(Please forgive me.)

axel turns on the stereo as time after time by cyndi lauper started to play out loud. he holds it up, and lucas waits for his cue to sing as scott was holding up the sign.

lucas began to sing,
"if you're lost, you can look, and
you will find me. time after time.
if you fall, i will catch you, i'll be waiting.
time after time."

max opens the door with her mom behind her to see what was going on outside. max rolls her eyes while a smile forms on her face. this wasn't something she expected lucas to do. she laughs as she watches him sing off key, and moves side to side. she walks down the small steps of her house. her mom smiling at the two teens in love.

"you really are a bad singer."
she says.

"do you forgive me?"
lucas asks.

max doesn't say anything and kisses lucas while the others watch in shock. axel switches the song to careless whisper, and it began playing. they broke away once they heard the change of the song, and looked at the younger adults.

"what the hell, man?"
lucas spoke.

"sorry."
axel apologized.

"how can thirteen year old boy get a
girlfriend before me?" scott questions.

"you'll find her."
axel pats scott's back.

"axel pats scott's back

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

i had to add a mini chapter before getting into the whole DELICATE 3 storyline. lucas is my favorite character in stranger things, and he deserved to have his own chapter here. this whole scenario is something i can see lucas doing for max LMAO. we love lucas and max 💙

anywho, stay tuned for chapter one...;)