10

"Good to see you son" Ben's dad greeted him

"I have someone I want you to meet" He smiled as he escorted Miranda in the house. She was surprised when he asked her if she wanted to meet his family. He hadn't made them official yet but they have been seeing each other in some capacity. There had been lunch dates and dinner dates between the two. The gossip sites had gotten wind of Mandy dating a doctor but his identity was still unknown. Though to those who knew Ben from the photos they could tell it was him. Miranda was holding to her promises she made him. And she felt she had made great strides in her growth. She wasn't drinking... as much. She had a therapist and she was looking at places to live to leave Mister's.

She was really opening up to him. Aside from him being the only person to know the full story of her past involving her secret degree. He also was the only one to know deep down she was a nerd. She was obsessed with space and science fiction. Ben had saw how intelligent Miranda actually was. He had wished she pursued a career as a doctor. She was an amazing singer but she was also brilliant. She would make an amazing surgeon he found himself thinking. From time to time he caught her reading his medical journals that he had around the home. Ben was happy that Miranda was dropping the Mandy shell around him. He knew there was a hidden figure under the mystic. He liked the authentic version of her more than the aggressive drunk he had heard she was and seen glimpses of. And he felt now she was ready to meet his family.

"Hello there" He smiled

"This is Miranda Bailey" Ben introduced her "Miranda this is my father Walter Warren"

"Nice to meet you" Miranda smiled

"Come in. Rozzie is on her way. Lunch is prepared. Hope you two like burgers"

"I love em" Ben laughed

"I know you do. This boy would eat burgers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if ya let him" Walter laughed

"Once you taste his burgers. You'll understand" Ben laughed "No one makes them like my pops"

They went outside and sat at a picnic table Walter had in his back yard.

"Benji" His sister came through the gate

"Rozzie" He hugged her

"Hello I'm Rosalind, Ben's younger sister" She introduced herself

"I'm M.." Miranda started to introduce herself but Rosalind cut her off with a hug

"Mandy, I know who you are. I'm a big fan and can't believe you're dating my brother. I love your music. I've been to a bunch of your shows. I have your album and I loved you at Soul Fest"

"Oh" Miranda lightly chuckled "You really are a fan"

"Oh sorry, I'm a hugger" She laughed and let Miranda go "But yes I am. I love your music"

"You sing" Walter asked

"That's how I met her. At one of her shows. Her voice enchanted me" Ben smiled

"She has a lovely voice dad" Rosalind agreed

"So you're some kind of famous singer Mandy" He asked

"Well I'm an upcoming artist I guess you could say" She smiled "and it's actually Miranda"

"She's humble. You heard Rozzie say Miranda performed at SoulFest and dropped an album. She's what's hot now. She has a new gig almost every night" Ben bragged about her causing her to blush.

"I guess you could say that" She nodded

"Well Benjamin are you ready for the life of the rich and famous" His dad laughed