8

Ben became not only a stable fixture at her shows in the weeks that followed their initial lunch date but also a fixture in her life. He had only caught glimpses of this Mister character at Miranda's shows but never talked to him. Miranda was starting to perform at bigger venues instead of just clubs so he guessed this guy was making good on his promise to push her career further. Ben was still wary of him and desperately wanted Miranda to get away from the shady dude.

At one of her shows, Mister surprised Ben by sitting by him.

"You're Ben right"

"I am. And you're the mysterious Mister"

"I'm not all that mysterious my brother but I just wanted to introduce myself properly," He laughed "You're her groupie or something"

"I'm her friend"

"You're the guy she's falling for but you're worried about her being too broken from Tucker right"

"Excuse me"

"Yeah, I have a way of knowing things. Tell me something. You think you know better about her heart than she knows about her heart"

"Can I help you with something?" Ben asked

"I am invested in Mandy in more ways besides my money and I just want to make sure she's taken care of"

"Says the guy who bought her"

"You got it all wrong man" Mister chuckled " I didn't buy her. I paid a debt for Tucker and offered her an out. Now I'm having her perform in places Tucker could only dream of having her perform at. I'm making good on my word to her. I just want to make good on my investment and help grow her platform"

"And I want to help her grow emotionally"

"You're attracted to her, right? She is fine isn't she?"

"I'm not replying to that"

"You don't need to. I know she is. What I want to know is why are you playing around"

"Listen man I don't know really know who you are or why you're even talking to me about this but mind your business"

"Woah easy. Mandy is my business buddy. She lives on my property. She makes me money. I'm her manager."

"What is it that you really want?"

Mister smirked " Fine. You caught me" He put his hands up "I noticed something different in her"

"Is that why you're here talking to me?" Ben asked

"The pain and hurt in her voice head is fading. Which means the hurt in her music is fading."

"She still sounds good"

"I agree. Which is why I want to dive into another part of her talent. Love songs"

"Why are you talking to me about it?"

"Because you've unlocked the love in her. Tucker was the source behind the pain in her song. But with you in her life now there's love. I'm thinking about where to take her next my brother."

"Stop calling me your bother" Ben sighed " I'm not too fond of you"

"I'm making her a star. You should be grateful for me"

"She's already a star. The sooner she realizes it the better"

"Ben don't be so hostile. You want me as an ally" Mister chuckled "I was just coming over to introduce myself and propose an idea to you. Mandy is my artist and I want her to go far"