Episode 21: Maya and Sterling Part One

INT. HAZEL AND MAYAS APARTMENT- MAYAS ROOM - DAY

We fade in with Bryson Tillers "The Sequence"

Maya lays on her bed she's scrolling through her instagram on her phone. She stops at the picture of her and Graham and reads the different comments of people saying they're a cute couple or how happy she looks.

Maya sighs.

She then exits the app and goes to her text message thread.  Two unread text messages.

G❤️: I really think we should talk. I don't like the way we left things and I miss you.

UPTOWN💙: Maya I'm sorry if I confused things with what I said and the kiss. I didn't expect for that to happen. I think we should talk about it.

Maya puts her phone down.

MAYA-(V.O) between the kiss with Sterling and me and Graham breaking up....I feel hung over.

Hazel knocks and enters.

HAZEL- bitch get up we were supposed to be on the road an hour ago.

MAYA-(V.O) oh yeah my sister is getting married...again yeah somehow dude took her back...so we're going to DC. Can you tell how excited we are?

MAYA- I know but once Ryan said he wasn't going I laid back down for a minute.

Hazel sits next to her on the bed.

HAZEL- You have to let over the Graham thing you don't want the same things and that's okay. He just wasn't the one.

MAYA- and what about the Sterling thing? I can't believe he missed again.

HAZEL- I do. You leave you two alone for more than an hour your lips somehow reach each other.

Maya rolls her eyes. Hazel face lights up.

HAZEL- wait you said Ryan isn't going anymore?

MAYA- no he's being a "Dad".

HAZEL-(sarcastic) what an dick head.

MAYA- (laughing) you know what I mean.

Hazel face lights up.

HAZEL- wait Ryan isn't going anymore?

MAYA- (confused) girl...are you okay? I just said that.

HAZEL- you right my bad...look can you just meet me at the car in fifteen?

MAYA- okay.

Hazel smiles.

HAZEL- okay.

Hazel rushes out.

INT. RYAN AND STERLINGS APARTMENT- MOMENTS LATER

Sterling is sitting on the couch watching tv on the screen is the iconic wedding episode of a different world.

Hazel rushes in. Sterling looks at her confused. She looks on the tv.

HAZEL- oh isn't that cute.

Sterling laughs.

STERLING- I wanted to get my baby right...like should I go high or low Baby or BABY.

HAZEL- definitely the second one.

STERLING- good directions that's all I ask for.

Hazel laughs.

HAZEL- could you get dressed and pack a bag in like thirty minutes and meet MJ outside and drive her to dc for Mariah's wedding?