Episode 12: On the first day of Christmas my baby gave to me.

EXT. WASHINGTON DC SKYLINE - FLASHBACK

A shot of the city as snow is falling, passing through neighborhood.

INT. JAMES HOUSEHOLD - DAY

The house is decorated in fabolous christmas decorations, we land on a huge decorated christmas tree, under it is a pile of presents.

Maya and Mariah rush downstairs in christmas pajamas, almost pushing each other over. Jonathan stands videotaping them as Melissa watches encouraging them to calm down. They're in matching pajamas as well.

MAYA-(V.O) As you can see Christmas is a pretty big deal to my family. It's probably my favorite holiday....okaay I probably say this about every holiday...but seriously Christmas is really important to me, except for this one here.

Mariah is shaking on of her presents as Maya is opening hers.

JONATHAN- Mariah don't break your things now be careful.

When Maya opens her present it's a crown. She gets a huge smile placing it on her head quickly.

Melissa smiles.

MAYA- It's just like the one from tangled!!

JONATHAN- It sure is.

Maya rushes to the wall mirror hanging in the living room. Mariah watches  her and runs over.

MARIAH- Let me hold it.

MAYA- No waygo play with your own stuff.

MARIAH- Mom! MJ isn't sharing.

MAYA-She has her own stuff.

MELISSA- Be nice and share with your sister MJ.

MAYA- But Mom-

JONATHAN- We did we say about you being the big sister...if you want you guys to get along better you have to lead by example.

MAYA- (V.O) What I should of asked was  why does leading by example mean I have to give up my stuff.

MAYA- Fine.

Maya hands Mariah the crown and rolls her eyes. Mariah places it on her head proudly and begins to dance around and runs over to the couch.

MAYA- Can you be careful before-

Mariah falls off the couch when she gets up the crown is broken.

MARIAH- Ooops.

Maya eyes fills with tears.

MELISSA- Mariah!

MAYA- I told yall she was gonna break it !

Maya runs upstairs.

INT. MAYA'S ROOM - CONTINUOUS

Maya falls on her bed still crying. Jonathan knocks on the door.

MAYA- Go away!

Jonathan walks inside.

JONATHAN- MJ.

He sits on the bed and rubs her back.

JONATHAN- It's just a crown....there are other gifts down stairs.

Maya jumps up quickly.

MAYA- but it was mine...and I don't want other gifts right now....I wanted that one.

Jonathan looks at her sympathizing.

MAYA-(crying) I'm tired of always having to share all the time I just want what I want once.

END OF FLASHBACK

INT. MAYA AND HAZEL'S APARTMENT - KITCHEN - DAY

Maya sits at the table staring into space. Hazel walks in going towards the coffee machine.