Own Chapter One: Deadly in Pink (Part 4)

Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe(Night 2)

(Night 2)

Currently, I was in the middle of my shift and I still haven't heard anything from Tammy. I mean, it's been hours and nothing! I'm trying not to let my anxiety take over, but honestly, I'm hanging on a thread right now. What if she breaks up with me and wants nothing to do with me?

Woman: *sitting at a booth, watching Jodie set her order down in front of her* You okay there, Jo?

Jodie: *looks at her, distracted* Hmm?

Woman: *chuckles a little* You seem to be thinking hard about something. *picks up a french fry and takes a bite*

Jodie: More like someone, Lucy.

Lucy: Wanna talk about it?

Jodie: *sighs softly* Earlier, Tammy saw my shotgun and I guess it freaked her out.

Lucy: Were you using it?

Jodie: *pauses* I didn't fire it. *mumbles* I wanted to.

Lucy: Well, I'm sure she'll get over it. Just give her time.

Jodie: *frowns* Okay.

Lucy: *smiles softly* Hey, if your girlfriend really is as great as you tell me she is, she'll forgive you.

Jodie: I hope so. Well, enjoy your dinner. Let me know if you need anything.

Lucy: I will.

Jodie: *walks away from the booth, slowly stopping when she sees Dessa, Tessa, and Nessa walk through the front doors of the diner* Hey.

Dessa: *standing beside her sisters* Hey.

Jodie: How's your mom?

Dessa: Alright. Doctor said she only has a fracture. She's at home sleeping, so we came to pickup something for dinner.

Tessa: And to thank you, J. *goes over to her, hugging her and kissing her cheek. She whispers* Sorry for being a bitch. Ness made me. *pulls away and walks back over to her sisters*

Jodie: You should be thanking Uncle JJ and Aunt Livi instead. They told me they had the Serpents take your dad out of town and make sure he never came back.

Dessa: You still got Ness and our mom out of there. That's not nothing.

Nessa: *hands stuffed inside her jacket pockets, her face still bruised and bottom lip cut* Yeah. *pauses, mumbling* Thanks.