Chapter Two: A Touch of Evil (Part 3)

The Student Lounge (Day 2)

The Student Lounge
(Day 2)

The next day; Jughead, Vance, Lucas and I were hanging out in the student lounge together, away from the other students. We quietly listened as some of them talked about their experience with Sheriff Keller questioning them about Jason's murder.

Reggie: *sitting on the couch* And Sheriff Keller's grilling me, "Mantle the Magnificent". 'Cause I'd want Blossom dead. When he was, like, the only good quarterback we had. And speaking of offensive tight-ends, *looks at Moose* I should've sent the cops to you, Moose. Because here's another unsolved mystery. What exactly were you and Kevin doing at the river, huh? Or does being with the sheriff's son give you a free pass? *looks back at Kevin* Keller?

Betty: *sitting beside Kevin* Reggie's just being a blowhard, Kev.

Kevin: I don't care what he says.

Reggie: I mean, let's think about it. If a kid at Riverdale killed Jason, it's not gonna be a jock, right? Now, let's be honest. Isn't it always some spooky, scrawny, pathetic internet troll, too busy writing his manifestos to get laid? Some smug, moody, serial killer fanboy freak, *motions his head towards Jughead* like Jughead? *laughs, along with some of the other jocks* What was it like, Suicide Squad? When you shot Jason? You didn't do stuff to the body, did you? Like...after?

Jughead: *leaning against a table, beside his sister, his arms crossed* It's called "necrophilia", Reggie. Can you spell it?

Jodie: *sitting on the table* Please. Jason Blossom's rigor-mortussed body has a higher IQ than Reggie.

Reggie: *quickly stands up* Come here, you little... *jumps over the couch, getting ready to attack Jughead*

Archie: *pushes him away* Hey, shut the hell up, Reggie.

Veronica: *watching them* Boys.

Reggie: What do you care, Andrews?

Archie: Nothing, just leave him alone.

Reggie: Holy crap. *chuckles* Did you and Donnie Darko kill him together? *points at Jughead* Was it some sort of pervy, blood brother thing?

All of a sudden, Archie pushes Reggie, who pushes him back into the vending machine, smashing the glass. When Reggie pushes Archie to the ground, Jughead tries to attack Reggie, but is grabbed from behind by Moose. Oh, no one touches my brother.

Jodie: *jumps on Moose's back, pulling his hair* Get off my brother, Douchebag!

Moose: *yelling in pain, trying to get her off* Quit pulling, BITCH!

Jodie: *smacking his head angrily* STOP CALLING ME THAT!

Betty: *watching in worry* Kevin, grab her.