Princes Shui: Avatar Story

Princess Shui is the twin sister of Princess Yue of the Northern water tribe. She never cried when she was first born, like her sister. Except the healers found nothing wrong with her, like they did Yue. They believed it was Shui's strong connection to Yue that stopped her from crying, that she would not cry unless her sister did. When Yue was blessed by the moon spirit and cried for the first time. So did Shui. Both parents were over joyed, their daughters were alive and healthy.

Life was great for the twins. They did everything together. Though had very different personalities. Sure both are kind, loyal and willing to do anything for their tribe. But whereas Yue was more quiet and reserved. Shui loved to explore and longed to fight for her people. Longed to see the world. She had tried running away many times, but was always caught and brought back before she could get to father.

On their sixteenth birthday things change for the sisters. With the arrival of team Avatar. Will Shui finally be able to leave the tribe? Or would she stay to help rebuild after the lose of her sister? Let's find out.

Wait, before we do. We need a face to go with Shui. I've offered three suggestions above. Please vote 1, 2, or 3. The most popular will become her face for the book. Now let the story begin.

Shui's POV

It's mine and my sister's birthday today. Our sixteenth birthday, we are now of marriage age and no doubt Hahn is giving Yue a betrothal necklace right now. Honestly, I don't why my father likes the guy so much. He's a complete jerk and only cares about the power he'll get with marrying Yue and her beauty. I've luckily avoided being in an arranged marriage so far.

Anyway, I decided to go ice dodging. Though father must have thought I was trying to run away again. As he sent a squad of water benders to bring me home. "Seriously, I wasn't running away. I only wanted to go ice dodging" I whine.

"You know it's dangerous and one must never do it alone. Also women are forbidden from doing it" one of them reminds me. I sigh and cross my arms pouting.

"Sir strangers" someone says handing him a spy glass. He looks through is and curses.

"Water tribe, subdue. But don't hurt them, princess Shui keep your head down and hood up" he orders. I roll my eyes and put my hood up. But watch from under my hood. As they surround the strangers on some sort of large fluffy creature.

"They're waterbenders! We found the Water Tribe!" they girl says happily. I notice her and one of the boys are wearing water tribe clothes. Though they are different from ours. Are they from the south water tribe? And why is the other boy dressed like an air nomad? Is he the avatar we have heard about? We had been awaiting his arrival. Turns out he is the avatar and his travel companions are from our sister tribe in the south.

We're taken to my father. Who was relieved to see me live and well. He said we'd discuss my trip later. Then sent me to get ready for the feast. I did so and when I enter the banquet hall. I sit on Yue's right like usual. As father stands to address the crowd.

"Tonight, we celebrate the arrival of our brother and sister from the Southern Tribe. And they have brought with them, someone very special, someone whom many of us believed disappeared from the world until now ... the Avatar!" he declares and everyone cheers.

"We also celebrate my daughters sixteenth birthday. Princess Yue and princess Shui are now of marrying age!" he states. Yue stands to address the crowd. She was always the better public speaker out of the two of us. I always seem to screw it up somehow. Which is why she is the future leader of our people.

"Thank you, Father. May the great Ocean and Moon Spirits watch over us during these troubled times!" she states. Then sits back down.

"Now, Master Pakku and his students will perform!" father announces. Pakku and two students bend significant blobs of water. They merge the three blobs into one stream, bending it around each other. I watch with a smile, I always wished I was a bender. It'd be amazing.