Amelia Daughter of Gaius

Amelia is Gaius' only daughter. She lives with him in Camelot. She helps deliver healing tonics to the people. She also gathers herbs, roots and other healing plants for him. Thanks to her amazing mare, Autumn. She also tended to Prince Arthur's laundry once a week. Life was peaceful until her cousin Merlin comes to live with her and her father in Camelot. Follow her journey through Merlin.

Amelia's POV

"Ok don't forget, Merlin arrives tomorrow morning" I tell my father as I pack my bag. I'm going on a trip to collect some healing herbs for him.

"Yes, yes now do you know what you need to get?" he asks.

"Yes father, I'll be back tomorrow night" I assure him. I kiss his cheek. "Don't work to hard" I tell him and leave. I go to the stables and tuck up Autumn. My beautiful five year old mare. She was a gift from  the Lady Morgana, who knew I always wanted a horse. So gave me Autumn when I turned fifteen. I am now twenty. Morgana is sixteen and our friend her maid Gwen is seventeen. We all grew up together and are good friends. Despite our different ranks in society.

I mount Autumn and we leave. Heading for the forest. I was only gone one night. Once I had all the things on father's list. I rode back to Camelot. I arrived around midday. I put Autumn back in her stall and brush her. I make sure she has food and water before leaving. I was expecting to see Merlin when I arrived, but he wasn't present.

"Welcome home Amelia, safe journey?" father asks.

"Yes, where's Merlin?" I ask him.

"He decided it was a good idea to provoke Prince Arthur. He is currently in the dungeons, I'm going to bail him out tomorrow. But he will have sometime in the stocks" he states.

"Honestly, not even here a day and he is already getting into trouble" I say shaking my head. "Anything else happen while I was gone?" I ask him.

"Urther executed a man accused of sorcerer. The man's mother had threatened to kill Arthur and has not been found" he states.

"Great" I mumble.

"Oh and Merlin can do magic" he adds lowly.

"Well we'll just have to make sure he isn't caught. No one is executing my cousin" I state.

"You know he is older" he states.

"Doesn't mean I can't be protective" I state. "Besides I know Camelot better then he does" I add. "I'm gonna wash up then make us dinner" I tell him. He nods his head and I go to my room. I heat up some water and wash. Before putting on fresh clothes and wash my dirty ones. I hung them up to dry, before going to make dinner for father and I.

(Time skip)

It's the day after I returned. While father went to bail Merlin out. I went to catch up with my friend Gwen. Who tells all about how my cousin ended up in the dungeon. Apparently he stood up to Arthur, who was bullying Morris again. So my cousin may be an idiot, but he's a brave one. We pass the stocks and see kids throwing rotten veges at him. I giggle.

"Having fun dear cousin?" I ask.

"Amelia" he says surprised. "Was this your idea?" he asks. As I stand next to him with Gwen while the kids went to get more ammunition.

"Nope, it was my fathers. Hopefully it'll teach you to keep your head down, if the dungeon didn't" I state. "Allow me to introduce you to my friend Gwen" I say. "Gwen, my cousin Merlin" I say.

"I'm Guinevere, but most people call me Gwen. I'm the Lady Morgana's maid" she tells him.

"Right, I'm Merlin" he tells her. He reaches his hand further out of the stocks to shake hers. "Although, most people just call me Idiot" he states and I giggle.