Zutara: Love Story

(History)

(History)

Where to begin? Well there was no hundred year war. Aang was not trapped in an iceberg for a hundred years. He was only trapped for a few days. Before a water bender from the south pole found him. She became his friend and managed to calm him down. Help him accept his responsibility as the Avatar. When the Air Nomads found him, he refused to leave without her. So she left with him to the Southern Air Temple.

She was there with him through all his training. She was there when he defeated Fire Lord Sozin, he may of only been a child. But of only been a child. But he saved the world, all thanks to her belief in him. The Fire Sages then ruled the fire nation until a suitable ruler was chosen. Which was not for nearly fifty years.

In the end Iroh, the grandson of Fire Lord Sozin became the new Fire Lord. He was easygoing, open-minded, wise, comforting, generous, advising, kind, and humorous. He loved his people like they were his own family. But his brother Ozai became jealous of his brother. So did all his power so that his son would rule one day and complete their ancestors job of bringing the world to it's knees. But more about that later.

After Aang defeated Sozin he started to court Miko. They traveled the world together. Until settling down in the Earth Kingdom of Omashu. Where they married and had a family. Two boys and one girl. Then Aang died at age ninety of old age.

Nine months later Katara was born to Kya and Hokoda. When she was a year old they figured out she was a water bender. They were so proud of her. Even prouder when they saw her air band. That's when they realized their daughter was the new avatar. So they sent word to Aang's family. So that they could come and test her. She pasted it, but her parents refused to let her leave the tribe until she was an adult. If they wanted her to learn the four elements before then. Her masters would have to come to the village.

(Southern Raid) Third Persons POV

Katara is now eight years old and was playing with her brother Sokka. Who is a year older then her. They are having a snow ball fight. Sokka went to throw a snowball and got hit in the face with one by his sister. She laughed and the villagers around them smile fondly.

Suddenly soot fills the air. Katara stops laughing and looks up at the sky with Sokka. "Why is the fire nation here?" a woman asks.

"Children go inside" Bato tells them. Sokka grabs Katara's hand and they run inside.

"Dad, fire nation" Sokka tells him.

"Stay here with your mother, Kya I will send Bato to watch over you three. I shall see what the fire nation wants" Hokoda tells his wife. She nods her head and he leaves. He goes the the lone fire nation ship where Lord Ozai stands with his guard. "What can I do for you?" he asks him.

"I have come to tell you about the death of my nephew Prince Lu Ten" Ozai states. "Due to his death, my son Prince Zuko is now heir to the throne. I wish to discuss your daughter's future" he states.

"My daughter is of no concern to you" Hokoda states.

"Can't we take this inside?" Ozai asks. Hokoda sighs and leads him to a near by tent. "Now your daughter is the avatar and must be protected. I can give you more protection for her" he states.

"My tribe can protect my daughter and we also have the southern air temple on our side" Hokoda states.

"The air nomads are pacifists. They will not be much help if you were attacked. But the fire nation can protect your tribe as well as your daughter. You need only agree with the terms of the contract I brought" Ozai states handing him a scroll. "It really is the best for your daughter" he tells him.

"You expect my daughter to marry your son?" Hokoda demands after reading the scroll.

"Of course, to unify your tribe and the fire nation. Your daughter will become the next Fire Lady when my son takes the throne. I do not need a decision now, but I will only be here for a week. Think hard Chief Hokoda" Ozai says before going back to his ship.

Hokoda returns to his igloo. Katara hugs her father. "What did they want?" Bato demands.

"To make a union between our tribe and the fire nation" Hokoda grumbles.

"But the only way to make a union work long term is through marriage" Kya states.

"He is suggesting Katara marry his son Zuko, the future Fire Lord" Hokoda states. Handing the scroll to Kya. While the kids go to see their grandmother, Gran Gran.

"Isn't Prince Lu Ten next in line?" Bato asks confused.

"Apparently he died recently and now Zuko is the heir to the throne" Hokoda explains.

"We would get a lot from this union, but I don't know Hokoda. I don't trust Ozai, he is not as kind as his brother. What if his son is like him. I would not wish for our only daughter to marry a man she could not love" Kya states.

"Nor would I" Hokoda states. "It is a tempting offer, but I will not use my daughter as a bargaining chip. If Fire Lord Iroh wishes to make an alliance, it'll be on our terms. Not his brothers" he tells them. Bato and Kya nod their heads in agreement.

Needless to say Ozai did not take the rejection well and attacked the tribe. Killing Kya in the process. But before any more harm could be done. General Jeong Jeong arrived with three ships and took Ozai into custody. Along with his men.

"I am so sorry for what has happened here today. Ozai had no right to attack you and shall be punished by Fire Lord Iroh. I pray you do not hold this against our nation or the royal family. None of us knew Ozai was even here until a few days ago. Fire Lord Iroh sent me here at once to retrieve and report back. He will not be happy" General Jeong Jeong states.

"He killed my wife and his men killed our adult water benders. Now only my daughter remains of our water benders and has no master to touch her water bending. Ozai deserves death and I demand to be the one to do it to avenge my wife" Hokoda tells him firmly.

"I shall tell Fire Lord Iroh" General Jeong Jeong assures him. "I shall send a messenger hawk when the decision has been made" he states. He bows and leaves with all the fire nation ships. A funeral is held for Kya and the fallen water benders. A few days later word arrived that Ozai and his most loyal follower Zhao were to be executed. Hokoda went to witness it. While there he made a treaty with Fire Lord Iroh so that no one from the Fire Nation would ever set foot on South Pole again.

A/N

Picture above of Katara and her family. Picture in the chapter of the Cover.