Trainer to Breeder: Pokemon Fanfic

Holly was like the other three trainers excited to begin her Pokemon journey. She was eleven unlike the other trainers. Professor Oak didn't have any starter pokemon when she turned ten and she was really sick. So couldn't start her journey. But now she can and is very excited. Not just to explore the world and meet new people. But meet new pokemon and learn all she can about them. This is the story how she goes from a humble trainer, to a breeder. Only a few episodes from Pokemon will take place during this story.

Holly's POV

I can't believe today's the day I get my first pokemon and begin my pokemon journey. I've thought about it a lot, the sort of pokemon I want to begin with. And I have settled on a Charmander. I hope I get it.

But Professor Oak has only three pokemon and there are four of us starting our journey today. No doubt his grandson Gary Oak will already be there picking his first pokemon out. I pray I am second and he didn't choose Charmander.

"Where are you going in such as hurry?" dad asks as I go to leave.

"It's time to begin my journey" I tell him.

"Right, well have breakfast" he tells me.

"But dad, if I don't  now I may not get a charmander" I whine.

"Fine, grab an apple and lets go" he tells me. I smile and grab one from the fruit bowl. My dad helps out at Professor Oak's lab. He's a pokemon watcher. He sometimes even goes on adventures himself to gather more intel about pokemon in the wild for Professor Oak.

My mum died when I was just a baby. I barely remember her. But I remember her first pokemon was a charmander. Which is why I want one so bad. When dad would go on adventures, he'd leave me with Professor Oak or my aunt Delia & cousin Ash.

We leave the house and dad locks up the house. It didn't take us long to get to the lab. We see Gary already there looking at a squirtle and bulbasaur. Oh no, has Charmander already been picked by an other trainer? "Morning Gary" dad says.

"Morning Mr Porter" Gary says. "My granddad is waiting for you both inside" he states.

"Has Charmander already been chosen?" I ask him.

"I don't know. My granddad told me to choose from these two" he states. I frown sadly and follow dad inside.

"Now, why the long face Holly?" Professor Oak asks after greeting my dad.

"I really wanted a charmander" I tell him and he chuckles.

"Here" he says handing me a pokeball. "Go on, open it" he tells me. Dad nods his head encouringly. I do so and gasp in shock. It was a charmander and a colour I'd never seen before. "You're dad told me how much you wanted a charmander, so I had her set aside for you" Professor Oak states.

"She's beautiful" I state as she nuzzles me cooing happily. "I thought charmander were a darker orange?" I say confused.

"That's because that charmander is a shiny pokemon" Gary states as he enters the lab. "I've chosen my starter pokemon grandad" he adds handing him a pokeball.

"Shiny?" I ask.

"Shiny Pokémon are special Pokémon that have a different look to normal Pokémon. The only real difference isthe coloring; shiny Pokémon are not more powerful then non-shiny. Some shinies are a completely different color to normal like a Ninetails. While some only have small coloring changes, like your new charmander. Shiny Pokémon are extremely rare, every time you encounter aPokémon there is a 1 in 4096 chance it will be shiny" Dad explains.

"Wow" I say. "Are you sure I am worthy of such a rare pokemon?" I ask Professor Oak.

"Of course, I know you'll be an excellent trainer and take very good care of her" he states. "Are you going to name her?" he asks.

"Amber, her name is Amber" I state. Naming her after my mum.

"You're mum would be honoured" dad tells me.

"Which pokemon did you choose Gary?" I ask.

"Squirtle" he states.

"Nice, once we have some more experience. How about a battle?" I ask him.

"Sure" he says.

"So you leaving now?" dad asks him.

"I promised my granddad I'd have breakfast with him" Gary states.

"What about you Holly?" Professor Oak asks.

"I'm gonna set out now" I state.

"She won't eat breakfast, she is very excited to begin her journey" dad tells them.

"In that guess, here" Gary says handing me a couple of sandwiches. "For the road" he state.

"Thanks" I say with a smile.

"Holly, I want you to take Nala" dad says handing me her pokeball. "She has been with me on many adventures through the Kanto region. If anyone can guide you, it's her" he states.

 If anyone can guide you, it's her" he states

"You sure dad?" I ask him. He nods his head. "Go Nala" I say and let her out. She meows happily and stretches. "Nala, this is my pokemon Amber. Did you want to come on an adventure with us?" I ask. She purrs and likes Amber's head.

"Char!" Amber cries happily dancing on the spot. I laugh, glad they are friends.

"Well I guess that's everything" I state.

"Not quite, here" Professor Oak says handing me a purple device. "You're very on Pokedex. It'll be your ID and give you information on any pokemon you encounter" he states.

"Wow thanks Professor" I say with a smile pocketing it. "I'll call you both as soon as I reach the first pokemon center" I assure him and dad. I hug dad. "See you on the road Gary" I say before leaving with Amber and Nala. "Amber do you want to rest?" I ask and she shakes her head. "Nala?" I ask and she shakes her head. "Ok then, lead the way Nala" I say and she meows before leading the way. I've finally began my Pokemon journey. I wonder what pokemon I will see and catch first? Though I need to remember to take time to train Amber and Nala along the way. As well as ensure we all get rest along the way.

A/N

Picture above of Holly and her future charizard Amber. Picture in chapter of Nala.