Chapter 13

I turn around and Marcus isnt there anymore. I hear laughing and the slot machines and in the back of my mind in I hear my name being called.

*The moment you turn around you see that Marcus is no longer there. But you also hear laughing coming from across the room. You see that Lloyd is actually gambling on a slot machine. All you can make out is his laugh. It's his same laugh you've heard before and then his voice*

Lloyd" Saige!"

I blink a couple of times. *What is going on?* I look down and I'm carrying a small tray of drinks I instantly drop it in the ground causing beer and glass to shatter all around me.

*The voices around you seem to get quiet and some people start to stare at you as you cause beer and glass to shatter everywhere. Everyone is looking at you now and wondering why you did that as you hear Lloyd's voice yelling at you in the distance.*

Lloyd: Oh hell, not now! Hey Saige can you hear me?!

I look down and I'm wearing my normal waitress outfit. I look at my hands and they are shaking. My breath is harsh and raspy.

*The people that are still looking at you begin to slowly go back to their drinks and their games as they notice that you seem confused*

*You notice that your hands are shaking as they start to hold each other tightly as you hear Lloyd yelling your name again*

Lloyd: Saige, c'mon, can you wake up? You're in a dream right now. I need you to wake up now!

I turn around quickly looking at him. I tilt my head in confusion. I reach my hand out for him.

*Lloyd stares back at you and he stares in concern as he rushes up to you and he takes your hand gently. He looks directly into your eyes as his voice is full of urgency*

Lloyd: Please, Saige. Wake up! You already have the strength to hit Marcus right? So I know you can wake up. Please. Wake up..

I shake my head. "I don't know how." I whisper.

*Lloyd seems to start to get frustrated as he grips your hand a little tighter and he shakes you in desperation*

Lloyd: Saige, come on. You can do this. I know how tough you are, so I know you can do this. I need you to remember that this is just a dream first. Now I want you to tell me, can you recall if you fell asleep before this or not?"

I look down as I try to remember. I keep trying to go back to the events. I look back up at Lloyd. "The alleyway."

*Lloyd looks concerned as he keeps shaking you in desperation*

Lloyd: Remember what happened in that alleyway. You hit Marcus! You put up a fight against him. He was scared of you! Don't you remember that?

I hold my head while shaking it. "I I'm on the ground.."

*Lloyd keeps shaking you even harder in desperation*

Lloyd: Saige you're not making any sense. Snap out of it! I told you that you have the strength to hit Marcus because you did! You fought him! You took a swing at him with the pipe and you hit him! That is proof enough that have the strength to wake up and to escape these nightmares.

I shake my head. "I can't Lloyd...he's stronger than me."

*Lloyd gets frustrated but he tries to hold it back and he shakes you even harder as he speaks*

Lloyd: NO, you don't understand! He is stronger than you in your dream, but that doesn't matter because this a dream! In the world outside this casino, you are a strong, independent woman! Do you understand me? You are not weak my little nightmare. Just remember that. *Please*

I stare into his eyes with desperation. "Please why can't you just help me."

*Lloyd shakes his head and he sighs before he looks back into your eyes and he speaks in a desperate voice*

Lloyd: I can't help you. Only you can do this. I need you remember that his isn't real. You have the power to take that last step and to wake up. *Please* wake up, Saige.

Tears start rolling down my cheeks. "How how can I wake up?"

*Lloyd keeps his gaze on you as he looks at you and he sighs before he says*

Lloyd: You need to close your eyes and count back from 5 to 1. The moment you finish counting, you'll wake up. Just close your eyes and count from 5 to one. Go ahead, Saige. I'll be right here waiting for you when you open your eyes.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. "5"

*You hear Lloyd's voice from a distance*

Lloyd: Good start, Saige. Now let's keep going. 4

I inhale and exhale slowly. "4"

*Lloyd's voice is still faint in the distance*

Lloyd: Perfect, Saige. Now let's keep going. 3

"3....2..."

*Lloyd's voice is slowly getting a little closer*

Lloyd: One. Now open your eyes. *You can do this, Saige.*.

"1.." I slowly open my eyes.