Prologue

*You work at a casino as a waitress. You spend your days delivering drinks and helping with games. Your casino is known as a mafia hang out, one man specifically caught your attention though. A man named Lloyd comes in every weekend and requests only you, he declines everyone else.*

*It was Saturday and you were waiting tables when Lloyd came in and got sat. He instantly called you over to which you obliged. He put his arm around your waist and smiled*
*"There's my favorite worker~"

I smile back at him and hand him his usual that he always gets. "And what have you been up to darlin." I say sweetly.

*Lloyd chuckles softly as he looks in your eyes*

*"You know...just doing some work, running the crew, ya know the typical stuff."*

*Lloyd sips on his scotch but keeps his eyes on you*

"Now, what about you? Been getting into any bar fights as usual?"

*He says teasingly*

I wink at him "oh the usual." I kiss his cheek gently and I go to the next customer.

*Lloyd smiles and watches you leave. You deliver drinks and play games and before you know it, all of a sudden, a group of men begin beating the crap out of each other. The other workers start to scramble around to help but Lloyd doesn't even flinch. He calls out to you*

*"Saige! Do me a favor and come here real quick"*

I run over to Lloyd. "Yes darlin?"

*Lloyd sighs and points out at the group of men beating each other up*

*"See those two dudes fighting right over there at the blackjack table? I need you to do me a favor and take care of them for me, okay?"*

I kiss him on the cheek gently. That's always a goodbye or be back soon gesture to him. "Sure thing darlin." I then walk over to the two guys. "Hey! Break it up!" I yell as I make my way in between them.

*They laugh and shove you aside. The one with the hat says*

*"Why don't you mind your own business and go back to your little lover boy over there."*

*The other guy starts to snicker before he adds*

*"Yeah...you must be his whore"*

I raise my eyebrow and look back over at Lloyd.

*Lloyd just stands there with his arms crossed and gives a slight nod*

I turn back to the guy and punch him hard in the jaw.

*The mans jaw snaps back as he cries out in pain. The guy with the hat gets up and grabs your arm.*

*"Hey, watch it little girl. Do you know who we are?!"*

"Two drunk bastards ruining my bar." I smile at him sweetly pulling my arm away.

*He grabs your arm again even tighter as he snarls*

"I don't think you heard me. We're the mafia...we can do whatever we want"